Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TIAA-Cref retirement plan is way up this period. Fidelity, on the other hand (403b)? Down 10.9%. I guess I should be happy, it was down 14% last period. :lol:

This is like the 4th period in a row that TIAA is up, while Fidelity (again) gets it's ass kicked.

Who wants to retire anyway?! :scream2:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
:lol: How comparable is your allocation between the two? Also, is the TIAA reporting a simple "change in value" percentage, or is it an actual time-weighted rate of return?

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Ok, so they're proberly treating cashflows... Are the allocations similar? If you're heavily in, say, domestic equity in the Fidelity (which is down lately) and, oh, commodities or bonds or something that's been up lately in the TIAA, this would make a lot more sense to me. I have a hard time believing that Fidelity is just getting their asses wiped by a fill ten percentage points. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The allocation is 60/40 TIAA, which is similarly enough. I'd have to bust out some paperwork to check the actual investment schemes. When I'm back from out west, I'll buy ya a beer and we can go over it. :wub:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Sure thing. :yesway:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts