·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
This is far more impressive:

Her vibrato is perfect.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Every shitbag pop "Diva" out there who overvibratos every single word in order to disguise the fact that their voice just isn't powerful needs to watch that video and realize that they are a bunch of talentless shitbags who would be nothing without MTV.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Every shitbag pop "Diva" out there who overvibratos every single word in order to disguise the fact that their voice just isn't powerful needs to watch that video and realize that they are a bunch of talentless shitbags who would be nothing without MTV.
:agreed:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
The most irritating vibrato in current pop music: Rhianna. :ugh:
Ugh, you seriously have no idea how close I am to a killing rampage when I have to suffer through her shit at work.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hmm, the second half movie performance sounds autotuned to me

Check out the run at 4:23 - could be real, but damn...

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I thought that the 5th Element performance actually was a real singer, unedited? I assumed it was when I first saw the movie, but I remember someone once telling me that, and being shocked.
From IMDb: When composer Eric Serra showed soprano Inva Mula (who dubs the voice of the Diva) the sheet music for the Diva Dance, she reportedly smiled and relayed to him that some of the notes written were not humanly possible to achieve because the human voice cannot change notes that fast. Hence, she performed the notes in isolation - one by one, as opposed to consecutively singing them all together and they digitized the notes to fit the music. There are a few moments when you can hear the differences in the vocal tones of The Diva's voice.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The most irritating vibrato in current pop music: Rhianna. :ugh:
Ugh, you seriously have no idea how close I am to a killing rampage when I have to suffer through her shit at work.
Every song she sings has the exact same vocal changes in it.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Looks like Inva Mula got PWND.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
It kind of sounds flat or something in a couple spots, I'm not too sure because my ears aren't that trained, but that doesn't mean her performance of a supposedly "impossible" tune is any less impressive :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
It kind of sounds flat or something in a couple spots, I'm not too sure because my ears aren't that trained, but that doesn't mean her performance of a supposedly "impossible" tune is any less impressive :lol:
She missed two notes overall, near as I could tell. That just proves she's human, and that it wasn't an edited take.

Honestly, the vocal control required to do everything she did is nothing short of jaw-dropping.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yeah, I didn't mean to say that it wasn't impressive, I didn't think it was an actual singer in the movie at all :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts