Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody picking this up?

I've got it preordered, just need to pick up my copy after classes today. I didn't like XIII that much, but this supposedly fixes all the stuff I didn't like about it. Just crossing my fingers we don't get another X-2, ugh.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm playing xiii at the moment, only about 10 hours in so far. I'll probably pick this up if I clear the first one. There's a few things I'm not crazy about in XIII so I'll have to have a good read into what they're doing with the new one. The battle system is a bit annoying for normal battles and at times it's more like watching a movie where you walk between scenes than playing a game.

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm only about 3 hours is, but it's definitely a lot better than XIII to me. There's more stuff you can search for, mini quests, etc. It's really solid.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Had it pre-ordered for months and months. Now just eagerly awaiting delivery later this week! :lol:

I loved XIII so to hear that this one is even better is good news :yesway:

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody else gotten into this yet? I've only gotten to play it once as I'm getting over a terrible, terrible sickness.

I can't wait to get back to this!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Ive done a few chapters on it and i must say im not impressed.

The characters suck and the plot is very disjointed.

Hopefully it will grow on me but if not i also have the Metal Gear HD collection which is so full of win its unbelievable

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Okay, so I just picked up my copy today and I played until what I think is the end of the second chapter where...

You fight Atlas in the ruins with the cemetery

And then they start talking about changing the past, but...

If they change the past too much, isn't it probable they'll erase Noel completely? No spoilers, just... that's my theory :agreed:

Would have been the first thing I thought of. Noel, you idiot.:lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I didnt realize there even was such a thing! wtb!

·
Read Only
1 Posts
[noodlesmode]Series peaked at Final Fantasy Tactics - Everything since has been complete and utter shit. [/noodlesmode]

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I love 7-9 (i waffle between orderings of quality), and find 10 pretty enjoyable. 10-2 had awesome gameplay mechanics and awful everything else. Shame really.

I have ...12? The not mmo one, but its pretty meh. I got like 2 hours in and haven't picked it up since.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I think 12 is one of the best games in the series. In my opinion, the best FFs are: 6, 7, 10, and 12. The worst FF in the series is 8. I can't explain how much I loathe 8. Tactics is a decent game, but I'd hardly call it a peak of the series. It's not even a Final Fantasy really. It's just a rip off of Shining Force. Of course, Shining Force was on Megadrive/Genesis and Game Gear, so it just died off, but Tactics turned into a sub-series of its own.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

See, I started out thinking "oh. Maybe I'll try it again!" and then I kept reading and realized "no, naren drugs love, hate 8. Flawed thinky, 12 suck :( "

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
I have to back Naren on 12 here. At first I hated 12. It was a break from tradition with the battle system, and at first I was like "Great, a spoiled princess is going to join the hero and his plucky sort of girlfriend. Right." But then, the story got interesting... there was political intrigue, character development, unexpected twists, and the gambits are awesome if you find out how to exploit them.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I also hated 12 at first mainly because the characters seem crap at first but once i got into it it was easily the most enjoyable playability wise for me.

Storywise 7 is king

8 i was never a fan of because again the characters are all pretty much non characters and its just mind numbing until the 3rd disc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts