Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished setting up my 2nd JP7 and thus I now have a pair of Ernie Balls.

Here are the pics. It's extremely hard to capture the Mystic Dream finish but you can see it somewhat transition in the pics.

The first one I got is an earlier run of Carbon Blue Pearl that's a case queen. It's currently setup with Daddarios 10-46+62 and has a custom pair of Dimarzio PAF Pro 7s (from an LACS Ibby). This is my blues, soft/hard rock guitar due to the pickups being somewhat medium output. This can also do metal but it just sings with blues and instrumental soloing.

The second one is a slightly newer Mystic Dream that's also a case queen. It's running Daddario 10-46+60 and has an EVO7 bridge and the stock Custom Neck pickup. This is my metal prog machine or anything in between. The neck pickup is still a bit weird for me and I might switch it out for a blaze neck.

Enjoy - I've never been this content with the playability and tone from any of my previous guitars.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
ZOMG! mesh is going to keep a guitar! :wub:

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Case queens suck. Play the fucking things.

Also, I actually prefer the Carbon Blue to the Mystic Dream. If you won't play it, sell it to me so I can. :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts