Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
safe and sound, with no shipping issues. :) The axe I immediately was jonesing to play was my old Larry, and it was a perfectly fine day to sit outside and practice/butcher some Hedges/Ross and enjoy the sun - while we still have some, apparently. :p
Took a couple of shots of Larry sitting with a few fine examples of Amanita muscaria outside the front door...

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Pretty!

How was the trip, by the way? How IS Norway?

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Drew :) I've actually been here (at my inlaws near Auli, 35mins outside Oslo) for 3 weeks now, and the local weather was miserable for the first week (rained incessantly on and off), but our trip through the mountains over to visit my brother-in-law in Volda was spectacular, just gorgeous country.

Now it's a matter of waiting until my immigration/work papers are in order, then buying a condo in Oslo while taking language classes, setting up my in-house repair shop, aggressively advertise, and hopefully get some work rolling in. ;)

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Congrats dude, best of luck with the new place and work and all that good stuff.

Good weather is nice :yesway:

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, full update please. Any urges to burn churches yet? :lol:
:) You mean the INCREDIBLE 1000+ yr old stave churches like this? :

....and you should see the inside. I was thinking about this very thing while visiting these majestic, beautiful, structures, and why the fuck would some moron do such an incredibly disrespectful and unconscionable thing to such a wonderful, national treasure?!! :pissed: It really pissed me off thinking about it while touring this church, and if it were up to me, that Varg or whoeverthefuck his face is that torched that old stave, I would have locked him up for life in solitary.
/rant. Sorry... :)

Gorgeous.
You bet it was. Here's couple of more from the past couple of weeks

...and I'm thinking about mountainclimbing now as new hobby..yeah right. Having a coronary after climbing the Minihorn ;)

Only an idiot Canuck wears all-black to the beach in Norway.

Outside our front door

Congrats dude, best of luck with the new place and work and all that good stuff.

Good weather is nice :yesway:
Thanks Budda :) I'm taking full advantage of any good weather, as I didn't really have any vacation before leaving Canada, so the last trip to Volda made up for it.

are those mushrooms fucking real?! EAT THEM.
These Amanitas are all over the place. Trouble is in dosing these...of course I thought about it, but the idea of tripping around my inlaws didn't appeal to me
:ugh:

Doh! You guys beat me to it....gotta change that.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
....and you should see the inside. I was thinking about this very thing while visiting these majestic, beautiful, structures, and why the fuck would some moron do such an incredibly disrespectful and unconscionable thing to such a wonderful, national treasure?!! :pissed: It really pissed me off thinking about it while touring this church, and if it were up to me, that Varg or whoeverthefuck his face is that torched that old stave, I would have locked him up for life in solitary.
Well, the original post was in jest. ;)

However, I completely agree. I may be an atheist, but those churches are absolutely gorgeous pieces of archaic architecture, uniquely Scandinavian, and completely irreplaceable. It sucks that several of them met their fates at the hands of rotten little children.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
However, I completely agree. I may be an atheist, but those churches are absolutely gorgeous pieces of archaic architecture, uniquely Scandinavian, and completely irreplaceable. It sucks that several of them met their fates at the hands of rotten little children.
I always thought if they were gonna do that thing, it should have been the contemporary churches, not 1000 year old buildings.

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Oh, I knew it was in jest - sorry, didn't mean to come off so dramatic, but I'm the same as you, Atheist through and through, and felt exactly as such about the utter waste of astounding work. I would feel the same about any antiquity or architecture, of which Europe is well represented all over. They don't call it the Old World for nothing :)

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
It's one of those times I'd wish Norway didn't have a maximum penalty of 21 years...

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Beautiful pics. :yesway: Especially love the pics of the fjords.

:agreed: I'm an atheist as well, but those buildings are gorgeous and are a big part of the nation's history. I don't think a 500 year old church or a 500 year old mosque should be burned. They should be valued for their historical and architectural value.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Why yes, nice scenery... look at those valleys and mountains...
NWS or?

Here's one of the view from my then unfinished house.

And another...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts