Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Lighting isn't great, so I'm stating to see why high quality lights are #4 on most Youtube djent kids' to buy list, after the DSLR, the custom guitar, and the AxeFX, in that order. :lol:

Teddy swears by the Eric Johnson pickup set, and they ARE super articulate, almost eerily so. I know myself well enough to say I have no idea if they'll be in here long term, but for now I'm enjoying them. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, and no. I told you it was imperfect. :(

...i did, however, use a carbon fiber tripod.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
i could give a fuck less about the pickups. i just want to get baked on drews couch while he sits there and just plays. its so relaxing

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Niiiiice. Very fluid and tasteful playing. Sound like you can get just about any tone you would want from that set. What about them do you not like?
To be honest, really not much to dislike here. They're VERY articulate and very clear, but still sound warm and full and rich while doing so. I might want to try something a little more "rude" and less neat, but these are a great sounding set. I just swap singlecoils like it's my job. :lol:

Beautiful, good job Drew. I liked the other video you did as well.

Does anybody know how these compare to a Texas Special set?
Not a clue, but I'm interested in trying a set of those in here, so I'll likely do an A/B comparison at some point.

Whooo that was really nice :)

Love the sound/playing and also dig on how theres some fretbuzz and you dont seem to care, like I dont. I think some buzzing its part of the sound :D
A Strat is SUPPOSED to have some grit to the sound. I don't know how much of this was fretbuzz and how much was the amp, I'll go back and listen tonight, but a pristine clean tone and a strat just sound anemic, IMO.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Budda - I try to catch a blues jam every now and then, but these days I don't have time to gig my original music, much less blues tunes. And I'm not much of a singer, lol.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.