Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Ohh, swirly. I wonder what this could be?

RG7620 I practically stole on craigslist. It's fucking beautiful and was apparently swirled by Ben Eller :metal:

Now there are some issues I need to get fixed:
-Neck doesn't really fit into the neck pocket without a lot of force. I assume I just need to lightly sand the edges of the pocket.
-The head of low-B fine tuner on Lo-Pro is broken off
-There's a nice chip in the fret board that the seller didn't mention. How can I fix this? http://i.imgur.com/br0tsbhh.jpg
-Previous owner installed a toggle switch between the knobs and fucked up the finish under the washer. I need to figure out what I'm gonna do with it when I get around to wiring the guitar up. I don't need 2 pickup selectors :lol:

I also need the following parts if I want to finish the guitar so if you have spares I will happily buy them from you:
-Lo-pro studs/posts
-Ibanez neck mounting screws and washers
-Ibanez 7-string floyd nut (black)
-Black Ibanez/Gotoh tuners
-Ibanez cavity covers

I'd love to be able to find all the above parts and fix the issues for less than $100 but I have no idea if that's possible. Hopefully I can get this playable once I'm done with school. My last project just sat in the closet for 2 years :lol:

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
The world needs more swirled everything. :yesway:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Holy fuck

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Oh shit :lol: That's my room-mate's; it's not an issue here in CA but I can edit it out of original image if anyone is offended/doesn't want that on their site :yesway:

That's awesome! Personally, I'd just grab a 1527 neck, or whatevers on ebay. It wouldn't match, but, hey.
The guy actually advertised this as a RG1527 so I was kinda disappointed but it was still a great deal. I'm gonna stick with this neck; gotta keep the matching headstock :yesway:

The ice pearl combo, Ben had to talk me into it, but I wound up loving it. His original test for this color combo looked like an eyeball. Fuck the Crunchlab. Congrats man :metal:

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/guitar-instrument-discussion/42908-rg7420-swirl.html
That looks awesome :metal:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
No worries, I'm a square, and have no idea what it is :lol:

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ola, that's yours? I've always loved that guitar

Excellent! Happy to see a happy owner of one of my swirls. Yeah, just sand a little off of both sides of the neck. That should fix it up fine.
Thanks! The colors are exactly what I was going for with my own failed swirl project from a few years ago. The clear-coat is beautiful too :agreed:

My girlfriend was kinda upset when I told her I bought a guitar in pieces but feel in love with it after she got a chance to see it. Said it looked like a solid piece of blue marble :metal:

·
Bedroom Badman
13 Posts
Nice score. Have you thought about maybe adding a killswitch where the toggle is and reinstating the blade? Also, will the neck attach at all or is it literally too tight to put together?

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
If you just have to really work it into the pocket to make the neck go in, but it still goes in. Then thats what you want. I wouldnt sand it at all. You want an ubertight fit.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts