Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this Old body laying around and decided to make an Adrian Smith clone. Got the last of the parts today the neck and flioyd trem. came out pretty killer. Its all strung up and sounds good can get metal and strat tones out of it. Im going to let it sit for a couple days and see if the neck moves any but at this point it seems like it is going to need minimal final setup. I started with a dragon fire pre wired pick guard i plan on swapping the pickups out eventually to a Dimarzio air classic in the bridge and yjm furys in the neck and middle .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. What did you paint it with?
Just Krylon Super Maxx gloss white. I waited for the paint to cure for a couple months and then just wet sanded it with some 1000 grit then 1500 grit. and did a final polish with some light polishing compound. No clear coat since i used gloss paint.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Lovely Job, congrats it looks stunning and could pass for the original (apart from the extra Knob).

You ordered the same Neck as in the true SDX? I would like to have an SDX but having to take out the Neck to adjust the Truss Rod makes me not want to have it.. its like having to remove your car tires to fill them with air and then put the back on again.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Lovely Job, congrats it looks stunning and could pass for the original (apart from the extra Knob).

You ordered the same Neck as in the true SDX? I would like to have an SDX but having to take out the Neck to adjust the Truss Rod makes me not want to have it.. its like having to remove your car tires to fill them with air and then put the back on again.
:bundy:

By the way, they actually sell those necks? And Floyds?
And ship them like THAT? That looks like it could shake it up and break every part in the delivery.
Or did you remove the paddings before photoing? I really hope so :lol:

Anyway, great work and it looks fun as hell :)

Once my new Warmoth is ready I think we should make a thread collecting pictures of all white/black strats that people have in this forum. I am quite sure I've seen some more somewhere, some Charvel So-Cal or something!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I know I kind of cheeped out on the pickguard but its ok I like having the other knobs for the single coils. And On the Real guitars they have the metal knobs. But close enough for my private collection. I agree about the truss rod. Im going to give it a few days to acclimate to my climate and see if the neck moves . But so far the truss rod is good where its at on the guitar. nice even action all the way down. Hopefully it wont need an adjustment. Someone Gave me a deal on SDX neck and A real floyd rose trem off a jackson pro series. Ended up working out real nice.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:bundy:

By the way, they actually sell those necks? And Floyds?
And ship them like THAT? That looks like it could shake it up and break every part in the delivery.
Or did you remove the paddings before photoing? I really hope so :lol:

Anyway, great work and it looks fun as hell :)

Once my new Warmoth is ready I think we should make a thread collecting pictures of all white/black strats that people have in this forum. I am quite sure I've seen some more somewhere, some Charvel So-Cal or something!
It was all wrapped in bubble wrap I took it out before I took the pictures.. It plays like butter and im realy digging having them single coils for some strat tones. I like your idea about making a thread with all black and white super strats.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
I went to do a search on Ebay for SDX models and this Neck came up:

Jackson Adrian Smith SDX NECK Locking Nut Rosewood Compound Radius SALE! | eBay

It has the Truss Rod adjustable on the headstock... its made in Indonesia. I know that SDX models shifted from India to Indonesia some time ago due to QC issues on Indian fatories, but never noticed they had moved the truss Rod adjustment place.
Truss rod adjust is on the heel in that auction? :confused: There's a plug on the headstock side, is that what you're talking about?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Truss rod adjust is on the heel in that auction? :confused: There's a plug on the headstock side, is that what you're talking about?
Humm... so I was mis-leaded by the "thing" in the headstock that looked like the hole for the Truss Rod? :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts