Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else with a Mac made the switch? Sloooooooooow as balls. Scrolling and typing frequently causes delays. It's driving me fucking nuts. :noway:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Firefox for mac has always sucked balls (note that by always i mean always as far as my mac ownership is concerned, and hence could be translated to "at least since january 2010"). But yes, it is worse than ever.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I've really been debating on upgrading to 4 on my Windows machines.

Sounds like they did a pretty good overhaul. I may just stick with 3.6.16 for a little while longer.

·

745 Posts
Firefox 4 on windows is a BIG improvement over 3.x, especially when it comes to speed. I dropped Opera and Chrome for it because of the speed, addons and possibility to setup the upper part of the window however you like.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Firefox 4 on windows is a BIG improvement over 3.x, especially when it comes to speed. I dropped Opera and Chrome for it because of the speed, addons and possibility to setup the upper part of the window however you like.
+1. For Windows, 4 is a huge upgrade. For Macs? I don't care. :lol:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I'm with Noodles, I installed it, then five minutes later uninstalled it. I'll stick with Chrome and (occasionally) Safari.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Huh, I may actually have to give it a shot.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Has anyone else with a Mac made the switch? Sloooooooooow as balls. Scrolling and typing frequently causes delays. It's driving me fucking nuts. :noway:
Works fine for me, though I still prefer Chrome. I only use FF when I need to, and never touch Safari. Too insecure.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use Firefox because I am dependent upon a lot of plugins that I have been using for years. I could never make the switch to Chrome, since I miss the environment I have setup in Firefox.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I use Firefox because I am dependent upon a lot of plugins that I have been using for years. I could never make the switch to Chrome, since I miss the environment I have setup in Firefox.
Luckily I really only use Lastpass and XMarks, both available on Chrome. I used to use NoScript too, but Chrome has the script and plugin blocking built-in, so that works great.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I finally found the issue, and it was XMarks, the bookmarks syncing software I was using. A bunch of people on the web have complained about it, so I tried uninstalling it, and now FF is stupid, blazingly fast.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Well, I finally found the issue, and it was XMarks, the bookmarks syncing software I was using. A bunch of people on the web have complained about it, so I tried uninstalling it, and now FF is stupid, blazingly fast.
What were you using this whole time? Chrome?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Dave, are you sure its XMarks? Reason being is I'm using that too on FF4, along with Lastpass. Did I just get lucky that it works?
If so, I'm not touching anything. It works! I can't live without Lastpass or XMarks.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:2.1) Gecko/20110318 Firefox/4.0b13pre Fennec/4.0)

Yeah, since it was the only thing I changed. FYI Firefox Sync does the same thing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts