Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It's just a joke
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fireplant Guitars - Home

A friend apparently knows these guys and I thought they would be of interest.

and to the assholes: no, I don't want your advice on buying one of these. I got the guitar part of my rig handled :p

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

That actually looks pretty good as a bass because the lower half is wide enough to be proportional with the horns. The guitar version doesn't fit quite so well.

The Vs and horned Vs are hideous though.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
supposedly you can design your own for under 1k.
...that doesn't fill me with confidence, sadly, especially looking at the up-close pictures of some of the other instruments. :(

·
It's just a joke
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, because that always turns out well. :lol:
Don't know about these guys (haven't played them), but the LP I got from Agile is amazing, and it was custom designed and delivered for sub 1k. Then again, that is with Korean labor. Not sure how these guys do it.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Don't know about these guys (haven't played them), but the LP I got from Agile is amazing, and it was custom designed and delivered for sub 1k. Then again, that is with Korean labor. Not sure how these guys do it.
Agile is a different case. They often have problems with the customs, but Kurt's customer service is a well-known (and legendary) quantity, and Rondo has been around long enough to build up a significant name and significant capital and connections with their factories.

Any new builder is always a risk, especially when it comes to "build your own" deals. Emperion is a tragic but classic example.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Not sure how these guys do it.
Cheap parts and woods, an inexpensive CNC machine, the desire to break into the market, possibly the willingness to lose some money while getting started up. Simple product offerings (not 20,000 combinations). Maybe a few ss.ogres will order some and we can see how they turn out.

They have the potential to be alright guitars, it's just that experience tends show that in the <$1000 category, mass-produced guitars will be made with more precision and better QC than such a product. And there have been dozens of people burned hard by such small builders, so the community is wary of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts