Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kral is their former bassist/vocalist who is on the original Firesoul recording. He and the original Mercenary singer have a new project called "Firesoul" that should be coming out soon.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Wow. Just watched the whole video. Kral does the female vocals in the bridge so amazingly well. :lol:

That's one thing I've always loved about Kral. He was the original singer of Mercenary before the second singer joined (Mikkel Sandager) -- as in, he used to do ALL the vocals for Mercenary. But even though that's the case, you will find TONS of websites that refer to Kral as the "death growler" and Mikkel as the "clean vocals" (I just checked wikipedia and even that says that Kral is "death growls" and Mikkel is "clean vocals"), but that's never been true. Kral did do all the death growls, but he also did a TON of the clean vocals. I don't think Mikkel ever did any death growls, although the new singer in the video in this thread did a bunch of the vocals that Kral actually did on the album.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Wow. Just watched the whole video. Kral does the female vocals in the bridge so amazingly well. :lol:

That's one thing I've always loved about Kral. He was the original singer of Mercenary before the second singer joined (Mikkel Sandager) -- as in, he used to do ALL the vocals for Mercenary. But even though that's the case, you will find TONS of websites that refer to Kral as the "death growler" and Mikkel as the "clean vocals" (I just checked wikipedia and even that says that Kral is "death growls" and Mikkel is "clean vocals"), but that's never been true. Kral did do all the death growls, but he also did a TON of the clean vocals. I don't think Mikkel ever did any death growls, although the new singer in the video in this thread did a bunch of the vocals that Kral actually did on the album.
Yeah, for those who don't know (probably everyone on this site but Eric and Ken), the album First Breath is a damn fine album. Maybe as good as 11 Dreams, and undoubtedly more manly and groove filled.

That being said, all the Firesoul love is fucked up. Not because Firesoul isn't an awesome song, but because it's not even one of the best three songs on that album. :lol:

Seriously, this is one of the most aggressive songs out there.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
:denzel:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Not on this board. :lol:
They don't really get much attention on this board either. Firesoul is the only song that ever gets any play here and it's the radio edited version that is 50% the length of the album version. And, as Garrett has pointed out, Firesoul isn't even one of Mercenary's better songs.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
They don't really get much attention on this board either. Firesoul is the only song that ever gets any play here and it's the radio edited version that is 50% the length of the album version.
That fact that someone had to ask who Kral was is proof of this :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts