NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$40 for 6' of wimpy-looking white Belkin? Kiss my ass, Best Buy. :fawk:

$7.50 from Amazon for 3 m. :agreed:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Best Buy - where people who don't know what the internet is buy computer supplies.

Having said that, their TV selection is top notch. Their Insignia brand of HDTVs is inexpensive and frigging awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Best Buy = Nearly all accessories are overpriced and "spiffed". Anyone who ever worked retail will know what that means.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Cables have to be one of the biggest rip offs in retail.

I even tried Walmart for some HDMI cables. I think the cheapest was about $40! :fawk:

Screw that. I ordered off the web and got them for about $5 each. :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Best Buy = Nearly all accessories are overpriced and "spiffed". Anyone who ever worked retail will know what that means.
:agreed:

I worked there for a while. Better than Circuit City was though!

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
My friend worked at geek squad and said the cables cost the GP about 10 times as much as they can buy them for.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
I had no choice but to pay, like, $20 for a few feet of CAT5 at Circuit City (or, rather, The Source: By Circuit City :ugh:) earlier in the summer. I'm swimming in those cables at home, but I wasn't told it was cable-only internet at my hotel prior to arriving. Serves me right, I suppose.

I felt so violated.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
When I worked at Best Buy, the $30 USB cables were on sale to employees (who got them at 2% over warehouse price) for around $1.50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts