Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, Threw this into my current project to test out firmware ten. the next track down (RGD2127) is the same mix/guitar etc but running firmware 9.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Probably not going to get a lot of love on here, because of all the djent spam we get.

That said, yep, its sounds like Periphery. :yesway:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's understandable and I accept it, Just thought it might be worth sharing. Thanks for listening too :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks :) I'm thinking of learning how to sidechain compress my bass and kicks together. Been doing some reading and apparently it can do wonders for a mix in terms of low end clarity.

4,429 Posts
^I'd stray away from tricks like that. Honestly just spend the time getting the mix to work without side chaining. For me sidechaining is something I really don't ever do on compressors. I usually only use it for effects like filters and phasers. Of course do whatever works best for you but this is what i've found to work best for me.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Thanks :) I'm thinking of learning how to sidechain compress my bass and kicks together. Been doing some reading and apparently it can do wonders for a mix in terms of low end clarity.
Don't think about learning how to do it. If it sounds interesting, then do it. IT's not hard. It's a cool idea and a brilliant use of technology, but bulletbass is right - applied to a great mix it'll give you that much more clarity and tightness; applied to a shitty mix, it's just going to make it somewhat less shitty.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turns out I need to refresh the amps in V10 to get them working correctly. New version coming soon.

It will be interesting comparing the un-refreshed to the refreshed ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts