Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I downloaded Reaper a couple of months ago, but I never got around to really using it, always fleeing back to familiar ol' Cubase. But I set myself a challenge to do a track in Reaper just to give it a try. I have to say, I'm very pleasantly surprised for a free DAW. It seems to do all I want one to, it just lacks a little in the MIDI editing department.

Anyhow, I thought I'd have some fun and do a Soilwork cover. I was learning it as I went today, so please be gentle. It's real hard to pick out every single note amongst those constant harmonies. :ugh:

SoundClick artist: leecassidy - page with MP3 music downloads

Edit: I updated the mix.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
You know? You are a lot like the average stalker. :yesway:

:lol: And that ruled. :metal: "Be gentle"? I've never heard anything from you that didn't kick total ass. Great cover.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Sounds great man!! Is the guitar tone your JMP-1?

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not exactly free, but the trial version allows you to continue using even after the trial expires. For some reason, Reaper states "we do not feel technological limitations is in the best interests of our customers". Whilst I'm eternally grateful for that particular sentiment, I can't help but think they're a bit crazy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds awesome dude! I still haven't had a chance to really get my hands dirty with Reaper yet!
The drum mapping is spot on mate I would say the drum sound needs some work though and the guitars seemed a little more high end than the original
:yesway:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts