Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK what was the first concert you ever went to and what was the first piece of music (CD/album/cassette/8 track) you ever bought?

First album: Def Leppard Pyromania

First Concert: Aerosmith with Dokken.

Go

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Go? where? :)

First album - Iron Maiden, The Number Of The Beast
First concert - I think it was Turbonegro or Motorpsycho

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
First concert: Bon Jovi and Skid Row

First Album: Tie between Kiss and White Snake on vinyl (got them at the same time)

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
First album - The Soundtrack to Flash Gordon by Queen.
First Concert - was either Dio + Dokken or Ratt + Quiet Riot. Can't really remember. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Album - Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
Concert - No idea what was first since I went to quite a few. I think my first "rock" concert was when I was 11 or 12, but I had been to a lot of classical concerts before that.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Album: Metallica - Black Album

Concert: Bob Dylan

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Album: The Offspring-Conspiracy of One (I think. I got a lot of CDs as gifts until I was about 13, so I can't keep track of what I bought back then.)

Concert: Weird Al

·
18,790 Posts
First cassette I bought: Much Music Dance Mix '93 :lol: (I was 8 :ugh: )

First CD I bought: All 4 One. Yep. I was 10.

After a couple more pop/r&b albums I bought Alanis Morisette's "Jagged Little Pill", then Green Day's "Nimrod" and some Tea Party albums. I'd already been listening to Metallica's Black/Load/Re-Load for a few years thanks to the library. It wasn't until high school that I realized you're not supposed to like more than one kind of music :nuts: And it wasn't until more recently that I remembered that that's bullshit and I listen to whatever the fuck I want :lol:

First concert: I caught a few songs of Alannah Myles at an outdoor thing here in town back in the mid-90s. From what I remember it was pretty solid.

First concert I went to by choice: The Tea Party w/ Wide Mouth Mason opening. Awesome.

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
First album I remember buying with my own money was Judas Priest's British Steel. I used my Easter money:winning:

First concert was Iron Maiden/Accept.

·
Force User
255 Posts
Not sure if they are really my first but they are the first I can think of:

First tape: Europe the final countdown.

First concert: Tesla and firehouse. It was in support of psychotic supper. I remember the one guitarist using his headstock of guitar on the theremin for the solo of Edison's medicine. It was freaking awesome.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
First album: Tchaikovsky's 'Pathetique' Symphony No. 8
First "metal" album: Metallica - S&M

First concert: Weird Al Yankovic.

This explains so much :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
First Album - "Blow By Blow" (christmas present by older cousin)

First Concert - Zebra. Free concert @ Queens College, NY

EDIT: Completely forgot why I got that Jeff Beck album. My cousin asked what I wanted as a christmas present. I think I asked for something like "Dr. Feelgood", and he got me "Blow by Blow" to 'set me straight'. I remember I was like "WTF?!?!?!?" when I first saw the cd cover. :lol:

·
Premium Member
RGMS7
922 Posts
First album: Kill 'Em All and Surfing With The Alien

First concert: Stratovarius (w/ Into Eternity opening)

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Album: That I bought? Deftones - White Pony. I had convinced my mom to pick up many a nat king cole album for me as a kid though :lol:

Show: KFMADay 3 - Saves the Day, A few other bands i dont remember, Social D, and System of a Down.

·
Who is Noodles?
150 Posts
first concert - metallica + godsmack

first cd - (gulp) stereophonics - cant even remember what it was called.

Quickly bought ...and justice for all and didnt look back.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
1st Concert: Pantera, March 1993
1st Album: Toto IV on cassette. I was 7. (lol)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts