Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone.
I thought I would post my NGD since it so rarely happens. My last guitar purchase was just over 2.5 years ago, not including the one I had built for the wife.
I am prone to keeping guitars once I find something I like so GAS doesn't come around too often for me.... a blessing in disguise I suspect.
This whole process started when I was looking for a japanese single cut guitar.
I finally decided that I have enough 6's and it was time to pick up a nice 7 string- this is the result.

This is the new 7 string. I haven't had much time to play it yet but I like it so far.
I am already really liking the neck, which was the kiss of death for my last (and only) 7.
I suspect that I won't have any trouble bonding with this guitar since I am all too familiar with Brett's work.
The man knows how to build a fast comfortable neck.

It sure will be nice when I can start doing some outdoor photography again.
For some reason, getting a full frontal where the headstock doesn't look black just isn't working indoors- I need outdoor lighting for that shot apparently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

That sure has a purdy mouth! Nice score, man. Looks fantastic....and heavy! One piece mahogany body, mahogany and bubinga neck?
LOL.
Not heavy at all by most standards. This one tips the scales at a very reasonable 6.6 lbs.- it just looks heavy.
Sapele body, sapele neck w/ bloodwood lam, cocobolo top and head plate.
The body is actually 2 pieces but he does an outstanding job at making the seams disappear.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Thanks guys!

LOL.
Not heavy at all by most standards. This one tips the scales at a very reasonable 6.6 lbs.- it just looks heavy.
Sapele body, sapele neck w/ bloodwood lam, cocobolo top and head plate.
The body is actually 2 pieces but he does an outstanding job at making the seams disappear.
So, I was wrong on all counts. Haha. Well, nice 6 string tuba, anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts