Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

My new Motorola Droid. This phone is pretty badass. Best part is it was free. I've already loaded most of the emulators and Doom :lol: What apps do you guys suggest?

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Scott said:
It's to the right of the L :lol:
??? Wow! :lol: no special button to press or anything. I am not used to this! :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Swype. NAO

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
The temptation to reply "...and last before your brand-new three day ban! :woohoo:" was awfully high, but not QUITE high enough, thankfully. :lol:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Get TiKL push-to-talk. If you know anyone else with an Android phone, you can talk to them like Nextel. It even works with almost no lag across networks. I was talking to my friend on AT&T and it worked great.

Zedge is good for finding wallpapers and ringtones easily.

The Mario live wallpaper is awesome: Mario live wallpaper for Android: better than a Tanooki Suit in the summer -- Engadget

Task Panel - Great for managing which apps close automatically when you lock your phone, so that you don't have a ton of stuff running at the same time constantly. Saves battery life for me.

WootWatcher - Because it's Woot on your phone :lol:

The Amazon and Ebay apps come in handy

The Weather Channel app is good too

My Verizon - Quick and easy way to check on your usage

Meebo IM for all your IM needs

Barcode scanner - For things like scanning barcodes on websites that'll take you right to the app they're reviewing etc...

Bump - Allows you to share apps, pics, sounds etc by bumping phones together, even if the other person has an iPhone

That's all the app suggestions I have for now.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Meebo IM for all your IM needs
I can't seem to get Meebo to work right. I only downloaded it to use Facebook chat, I don't use YIM or anything, but it always says it fails to sign in for some reason. I Did just load Quake3 (or Kwaak3) onto it. Really weird playing with the touch screen, but still badass. :lol: :metal:

I did download Advanced task killer, which is pretty handy but I will try out Task Panel. :yesway:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I can't seem to get Meebo to work right. I only downloaded it to use Facebook chat, I don't use YIM or anything, but it always says it fails to sign in for some reason. I Did just load Quake3 (or Kwaak3) onto it. Really weird playing with the touch screen, but still badass. :lol: :metal:

I did download Advanced task killer, which is pretty handy but I will try out Task Panel. :yesway:
You'd do yourself a favor to root it and load Bugless Beast. It makes it so a task killer is completely unnecessary, as by default it tries to keep 50mb of memory free. It's also Android 2.2, one of the newest builds, has Adobe Flash Player, and is just all around awesome. It also bumps the clock speed up to 800mhz, which really helps smooth things out tremendously.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Elysian said:

You'd do yourself a favor to root it and load Bugless Beast. It makes it so a task killer is completely unnecessary, as by default it tries to keep 50mb of memory free. It's also Android 2.2, one of the newest builds, has Adobe Flash Player, and is just all around awesome. It also bumps the clock speed up to 800mhz, which really helps smooth things out tremendously.
Done! Why is the unlock slider curved on all the videos and pictures I see, but mine is straight? Is it part of 2.2? It came with 2.2 and there are no updates.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts

Done! Why is the unlock slider curved on all the videos and pictures I see, but mine is straight? Is it part of 2.2? It came with 2.2 and there are no updates.
It's the one that originally came on the Droid, when it was 2.0.1. I prefer it, it's more visually appealing to me. Welcome to the wonderful world of Android customization, you're gonna like it here :lol:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Get bump for sure, its really great, especially if you're picking up girls using iPhones ;)

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Elysian said:

It's the one that originally came on the Droid, when it was 2.0.1. I prefer it, it's more visually appealing to me. Welcome to the wonderful world of Android customization, you're gonna like it here :lol:
Is there a way to get the curved one? I like the look of it better too. :lol: I am really pleased with this phone. Especially playing quake on my lunch break. :metal:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts