Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm building a Tele, and have already ordered a Fishman VT Powerbridge for it, and wanted to go as stealthy as possible, and therefore am going fully passive installation (no battery/controls on the guitar for the piezos, switching/blending will be done on the pedalboard) and have been looking at outboard pre-amps. I saw the Fishman Aura and liked the sounds of it plugged into an acoustic, but this video really sold me on it for my purposes :eek:

(and yeah, I've already checked and it'll work just fine with a passive piezo pickup)

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I did the same thing you are trying and I would highly recommend getting the Spectrum DI because with out the body of the acoustic a lot of the tone is missing (my tele is a thinline to boot) The spectrum is a DI, EQ and compressor all in one and IMO the aura system in conjunction with and electric really needs it.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
also this guy is using a true acoustic bridge and under saddle pickup where as the individual piezos in the VT bridge will provide a very different response

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That's one thing i like about having the preamp in my GHOST-equipped guitar. It really gives the piezos a pleasing response... not sure how the saddles would sound on their own.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Fishman Spectrum Aura showed up today, and it's beautiful :D I don't have the Tele finished, so I can't test it with piezos, but I gave it a whirl with the Seymour Duncan Mag-Mic in my Seagull S12+ (since it mentions that it works for magnetic pickups too, so I tested it with the built-in mic turned off), and with no tweaking I'm already impressed. I'm not even using it as intended yet, and it already delivers on what this video shows. Hell, I forgot to mute while unplugging my guitar from it, and even that sounded natural :lol: I even plugged my Strat in just to see what it would do, and while it didn't sound 100% natural, it created some very cool sounds (especially on the "bluegrass" settings :D ).

Can't wait to really dig into the features :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts