Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not bad, but I'm not liking the liberties they took with the vocals. Still, great song and hard to screw up no matter who covers it. Unless it's Brett Michaels.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Yeah, if they would lose the tough-guy vocal additives in the song, it would, ironically, be more badass :metal:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Changing the lyrics and adding your own band's name = gay.
Talking part in the middle = Gay.

That said, its probably the best thing they've ever released. Like their song "Never Enough", it has the most whiney "Fuck you, mom and dad!" lyrics ever.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
I dont like Five finger death punch. Too fake and whiney sounding. With way to much of a stench of Nu metal.. And I like Nu metal :lol:

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
It's a decent cover, but I can't help but miss the piano.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
yuck, I hate that they covered this song.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:barf:

Eww... the original had a much better arrangement, attitude, and a better singer. Plus the lyrics in the original fit so much better. Not for me :noway:

Also, Bad Company >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Five Finger Dick Punch.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I give them credit for going over there and playing for the troops. :yesway:
I do, too.

Like I said, I like some of the stuff by these guys, a lot, and a good bit of it is on my workout rotation.

Nothing like bustin' out some squats to this:

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Did anyone else think it was ironic that a cover contained the lyrics "the Death Punch sound is our claim to fame"... or am I the only one?

Dammit. The song is stuck in my head now.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
His clean vocals track really well in this song.

I've seen them live twice and they have good energy and performed really well. I really dug them when they first came out, I kinda feel like I've "outgrown" their sound, if that makes any sense. Mad respect for them, though.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I don't think it's ironic at all. I thought it was a cool personal touch. Why can't you change a lyric in a cover? Note how they changed a bunch of riffs and the drum beats, too...

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
The irony is specifically changing the lyric to "Death Punch sound is our claim to fame" when they're achieving their fame by playing someone else's song.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts