Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh. We've had some backups in our sewer system, and luckily nothing got shit-soaked, but it was enough incentive for me to pull all my gear from my basement (near perfect jamming/practice location) to a stacked pile in the garage :(. I don't really have another place to put all that stuff, and I do NOT want to go back to the basement.

Currently, I'm jamming through my "mini" rig :)lol:) in my 3-seasons room, which, as it turns out, will be cold as fuck in the coming 4th season.

I shouldn't complain, since so many don't even have half a 3-seasons room to play guitar in, but man, the contrast is stark :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
glad you saved your stuff.

I try to keep things off the floor except for the odd pedal.

maybe one of those small infra red heaters would do the trick in the 3 season room. portable and not to expensive.

or just crank the amp and warm yourself with tubes!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I pretend it's Optimus Prime? :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, we got most of the water situation figured out. The first plumber was able to snake-out the roots causing the problem, and the next day another guy ran a camera down the drain. We all thought the main sewer line was along the backside of everyone's yard in my neighborhood, but it turns out it's 9' deep and goes under the street (or very near it). He said it'll likely cost $3000 to get a 6" clean-out installed in my front yard :erk:

Though, I did the math, and while he said it would reduce snakings to once every 6 years, even if I had a snake run 3 times a year at $150, it'll take 7 years for me to reach pay-off-time. I'll probably sell before then :yesway:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts