Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the package from Floyd Rose and oh yeah!!!

The push-in arm with Gotoh Floyd-style hex tension screw is fucking brilliant.

I have had Original Floyd Rose for 5 years and I've always had to lock the thumbwheel down several times when I play. And with years it has gotten worse and it loosens just by bringing it up and taking down.

I'm that kind of guy who wants the arm to be rather stiff, I hate "flailing" arms that doesn't stay in place.

That's why I loved the Gotoh Floyd so much, because it didn't have this problem.

Now I even think OFRs solution is slighly better because you dont have to screw it in; just push it in and go. Not a biggie, and I see that it MIGHT fall out, but I dont think it will.

I recommend this arm upgrade to EVERYONE!!!

I also got noiseless springs and yeah... they are better than regular springs, but they are not 100% noiseless so thats not true. Seems to keep the bridge in tune just like regular, so no biggie there.
They are good, but not perfect. But if they just keeps the floyd in tune as well as regular springs, I may continue to use these :agreed:

·
Banned
835 Posts
Oiling the arm before putting it in the socket, improved the arm retention for me, because I can set the grub screw tighter. It also flutters better.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I think the new arms are awesome, and have had zero problems with them. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Another +1, since I replaced all my old collared arms with these new ones last year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got one in a Charv and I love it. Smooth as an original Edge. A half turn on the tension screw was all it took to get it at the right tension without the bar dropping out of the front.

I want another one, but I'll be damned if I can find a supplier in Europe. They work out to be about €40 by the time you've paid shipping and tax from the US. Any clues as to where to get them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts