Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a guy who takes lessons at the store i work at who is a pilot. The only time he can practice is at hotels around the country, thus his guitar goes where he goes. Problem is the guitar is the baggage section of the plane. Obviously the change in temperature is bad but what about air pressure. Should he consider a humidifier? What precautions should he take? The guitar is stored in a hardshell, it is a entry level laminate top, back, and sides guitar. Customer asked me what his best bet is and i'm not really sure.

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
One of the benefits to HPL (High-pressure Laminate) sides and tops is that it is a lot stronger than solid woods. It does well with temperature changes and pressure. So it looks like the fact that he has a guitar made from the more resilient HPL suits his situation better than if it was a more pricey solid side or backed guitar.

If it was me though, I would give the guitar a little decompression time before jamming out.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Some planes don't have a very big closet; might be tricky to get a whole acoustic in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts