Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Can't check it at work, but I'm totally excited about another droning, monotonous album full of the same old power-strummed riffs and boring lyrics about nothing from these guys! :yesway:

Or maybe DG should stick with Them Crooked Vultures, a band that doesn't suck.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Can't check it at work, but I'm totally excited about another droning, monotonous album full of the same old power-strummed riffs and boring lyrics about nothing from these guys! :yesway:

Go listen to some hair metal, old man

;)
<3

This sounds pretty cool btw, I dig it.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
I've always liked the foo's. This song is no different. I couldn't get into them crooked vultures. I haven't dug nearly anything that josh homme has been a part of.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Heard it this morning. It's pretty cool, definitely interested to hear the rest of the album.

And Chris, Them Crooked Vultures are fucking awesome. I saw them live last year and it was one of the best shows I've been to.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

I kind of have to agree with Chris here. The verse riff is different, but the chorus sounds like every other Foo Fighters song in existence.

Now Them Crooked Vultures, that is a HELL of a band.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I'm loving the guitar tone here, and the vocals sound real slick, especially considering this was recorded in a garage.

Dave Grohl has always been able to create great vocal melodies and hooks. This is a very good song.

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
I'm more just curious about how it sounds because of the production methods. Sounds pretty good to me. I kind of agree about foo fighters being a bit boring and droning, but the verse riff is pretty cool and different for them.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
I'm really liking this. The intro was my favorite part, but the whole song is pretty cool.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts

Im gonna go ahead and assume that you didnt listen to white limo then :lol:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts

:agreed:

If there was a lifetime achievement award for monotony, Foo Fighters would definitely win it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
It's not that I don't think they're talented. They are. Grohl is a good songwriter and (having seen TCG live) a beast of a drummer. It's just that the combo in Foo Fighters churns out dozens of songs that sound like they're all in the same key, with the same chorus, the same vocal hooks, and the same basslines.

I know they're different, but his voice over the constant power strumming just makes every single song they put out sound the same to me. :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's not that I don't think they're talented. They are. Grohl is a good songwriter and (having seen TCG live) a beast of a drummer. It's just that the combo in Foo Fighters churns out dozens of songs that sound like they're all in the same key, with the same chorus, the same vocal hooks, and the same basslines.

I know they're different, but his voice over the constant power strumming just makes every single song they put out sound the same to me. :lol:

:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts