Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always find it a shame that I can't play my Les Paul in my band (cuz it's missing 2 frets per string and a whole 'nother string) whenever I play it and bask in its glorious tone.

I thought I would share the glory and honor and power with you folks. Forever and ever. Amen.

So I recorded a little video... that goes a little something like this:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I've always loved Gibson, but I can;t ever see myself buying anything new fro them unless they change there pricing scheme: "hey thats a decent price" to "MOTHER OF GOD" and nothing in between.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've always loved Gibson, but I can;t ever see myself buying anything new fro them unless they change there pricing scheme: "hey thats a decent price" to "MOTHER OF GOD" and nothing in between.
I bought mine a little over 8 years ago new for $910. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I bought mine a little over 8 years ago new for $910. :shrug:
Les Paul Studio?

The Studios still aren't bad, though the upcharge from a solid black or white (about $900) to a trans finish (like, $1600) Studio is absurd.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Despite the erratic quality control, I still maintain that a decent Les Paul is a thing of great beauty. There's no way in hell I'd ever get rid of mine, as it's easily one of the most awesome sounding guitars I've ever played. I really lucked out on that one, especially given that I didn't have especially discerning taste in tone when I got it.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Despite the erratic quality control, I still maintain that a decent Les Paul is a thing of great beauty. There's no way in hell I'd ever get rid of mine, as it's easily one of the most awesome sounding guitars I've ever played. I really lucked out on that one, especially given that I didn't have especially discerning taste in tone when I got it.
I agree, which is why I would buy a Heritage. It is the only REAL Les Paul, as far as I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My uncle has several Gibsons and Heritages (the uncle who owns close to 40 guitars :lol: He has Gibsons from the 1960s up to now and Heritages from the 1990s to now). I consider both to be actual Gibsons since Heritages are made by the people who originally made Gibsons. Like many people has said, though, nowadays when you go with Gibson, it can be hit and miss. You can get an amazing guitar, an okay guitar, or a complete dud. Their quality control is all over the place.

Les Paul Studio?

The Studios still aren't bad, though the upcharge from a solid black or white (about $900) to a trans finish (like, $1600) Studio is absurd.
Yep. The Studios sound and play pretty much the same as the Standards, but just don't have the super fancy expensive bells and whistles.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would be one of the guitar in the "hey thats a decent price" range
Yeah, it was a pretty decent price. First thing that struck me when I bought it was just how fucking heavy the thing is. :lol: First guitar I slapped strap locks on.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I paid $1550 for my LP studio, same as yours, in 06 after taxes.. I've always enjoyed the neck pickup clean tone - the Custom I'm borrowing is the same guitar + wood, weight, aesthetics and cost.

I'm actually about to go play some Gibson+Boss+Mesa Boogie delay soaked goodness right now :lol:

You need a rock band so you can rock that guitar!

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Sorry Bro, but that sounds like shit. I've heard better tones coming out of a Hello Kitty Strat, x 1000. So YOU are the mother fricker! Ah!

/naren-style-ironic-post :wub:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
For some reason everytime I see you play I'm surprised you're not Japanese. Even though I know you're white :lol:
I recognized this just a few weeks ago - all the time on ss.org i thought he was japanese.

Oh, and i want that guitar. :wub: A Gibson LP is one of the few things i have on my "must own" list, but wasnt able to buy one yet.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts