Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response to this post from the "Drop G" thread:

Chris said:
Post me a video of you actually playing Drop-G on 25.5 - hell or 27", not something mixed and mastered. You are cheating, sir!

If you're saying that you can tune a 59 to G and not have it be a pile of crap, you are on crack. :lol:
Well, here's your video. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
While that's not exactly crystal clear, I do concede the point to you sir. A+ video, would watch again. :lol:

Pile of crap, it is not.

[action=Chris]stands corrected.[/action]

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: No, it's not crystal clear. It's a 59 gauge, which is what I use on my guitars for B. So, tuning down 4 half-steps, it's not gonna be as clear as if I was using a 75 or 80 gauge (for example), but it still sounds pretty decent.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've got my 7 tuned to G standard, its 25.5 and I don't have issues. Although I'm considering tuning it up to A standard.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Naren, win. :lol:

Where's Leon with, "Looks like another RG" re: Satan? :devil:
Most I'd say, Yes, that's just another RG. But it appears as though Satan might be rather badass.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most I'd say, Yes, that's just another RG. But it appears as though Satan might be rather badass.

:lol:
Oh, he is. :lol: You don't want to mess with Satan... unless you brought three six-packs of beer and a bottle of Jim Bean.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
I can definitely imagine that, in person, the tone is awesome and it's just the camera that is too feeble for such innard mincing low-lows.

Also, I love "I'll show you!"-ness :rofl:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can definitely imagine that, in person, the tone is awesome and it's just the camera that is too feeble for such innard mincing low-lows.
There are a few parts in there where I hit the low G and then suddenly the camera mic is so muffled that the sound kinda disappears for a second.

If you want to hear how awesome it sounds RECORDED, here's the video I put in the other thread that was rejected for having been "mixed" (wasn't mastered, though):

Also, I love "I'll show you!"-ness :rofl:
That's 70% of the fun.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do it on 25.5!
:lol: Why? All my 25.5" guitars have tremolos so even just lowering the tuning a half step is a serious pain in the ass.

Besides, the RG7EXFX2 is a 27" scale which is more suited to lower tunings. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts