Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Which High-Gain Micro-Head gets your vote

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
I voted G5. I owned a Blackstar HT-5 and it's pretty versatile for what it is. I'd go with the G5 over the HT-1 because the G5 has a 3-band EQ and also gives you 1w and 0.1w options. Unless the HT-1 is a better price, then the G5 seems like the same thing just more versatile.

Edit: Unless a Mini Recto is in the budget. Then Mini Recto. Or 6505 MH.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Mini-Rec

Also your poll is invalid as it does not offer "Noodles" as an option. The correct answer is actually Noodles.
With the exception of the Dark Terror, the max he'd be spending is $250 - and that's for the G5. If you look at his other threads, budget is key, so I don't think he'll be able to suddenly swing up to a 6505MH/Mini-Rec when the highest one he's throwing out is a 1/2 or 1/3 of that budget - not including the cab.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Guys, with the exception of the Dark Terror, the max he'd be spending is $250 - and that's for the G5. If you look at his other threads, budget is key, so I don't think he'll be able to suddenly swing up to a 6505MH/Mini-Rec when the highest one he's throwing out is a 1/2 or 1/3 of that budget - not including the cab.
Good point. Go with the mini recto.:drumpf:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
I voted G5. I owned a Blackstar HT-5 and it's pretty versatile for what it is. I'd go with the G5 over the HT-1 because the G5 has a 3-band EQ and also gives you 1w and 0.1w options. Unless the HT-1 is a better price, then the G5 seems like the same thing just more versatile.
An HT5 Metal can be had in the same price range. 3-band and more than enough to power 4x12 cab.

Edit: Unless a Mini Recto is in the budget. Then Mini Recto. Or 6505 MH.
And... yes. :james:

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
so I don't think he'll be able to suddenly swing up to a 6505MH/Mini-Rec when the highest one he's throwing out is a 1/2 or 1/3 of that budget - not including the cab.
Is t the 6505mh cheaper than the dark terror?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kind of weird to include a legit tube amp like the Dark Terror with a bunch of cheap toy amps like the Joyo and Piranha. Did you mean the 'Micro Dark' (the cheap toy version of the Dark Terror)?

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
The Mini Rec and Mark V 25 shred all of these options. Hell a real 6505 mini shreds all of them. You can usually find a Mini Rec on reverb/eby in the $600-700 range in great condition.

I own a mini rec, and I can't possibly fathom needing a smaller amp than this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts