Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big one, not the mini.

I've never liked the channel layout (with Mark-IV, the mode I'd use for leads, falling on the same channel as IIC+ and Extreme, which is the mode I'd be using for rhythms). But, 99% of my distorted lead playing on my Roadster is done on Ch 3 Vintage, my "lead" sound, and if I was gigging I would probably just use one all-around distortion sound for leads and rhythms and just use the lead boost to take solos. So, really, I'm kind of being silly here.

And, I've always LOVED the Mark lead sound. My Roadster gets damned close... but the temptation is growing. I probably wouldn't keep both, and I REALLY like the Roadster. It's also the longest I've owned any amp, I think, so I feel guity that I'm even thinking about this, and part of me kind of LIKES the fact I'm using a Recto for sounds not normally associated with a Recto.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Dude, you have two Suhrs. You can afford to have two Mesas :lol:

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
yup, my mate has a mark v. only amp I would (currently) even consider changing my cobra for. they are amazing. If you can afford it, I'd say go for it. We both know you won't be disappoint.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Do you really need a reason to want a Mark?

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Four heads is ridiculous posturing for the new money types Crooks. Once you hit three you should get a rack rig that is at least 12 spaces.
:lol:

Back in the day I had a 16 space rack. 14 spaces of gear, a 2 space drawer a two empty spots. One of the bands we used to play with called it R2D2.

1: Power
2: Wireless
3: Preamp
4: Effects
5: Hush
6: Exciter
7/8: MIDI EQ
9-12: Marshall Poweramp
13-14: Drawer

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're a recording artist now Drew, meaning you don't have to fuck around with convenience plebian low volume options anymore. Get a Plexi.

Eh, it's annual review time, and the first meeting with the people I report to went very well. The second meeting with the president of our firm where we actually talk money is the last week of the month. Maybe you guys are right, maybe I SHOULD just have two Mesa heads.

I mean, look at Leon. Relatively speaking, I'd be somewhat conservative in my array of amps.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

Eh, it's annual review time, and the first meeting with the people I report to went very well. The second meeting with the president of our firm where we actually talk money is the last week of the month. Maybe you guys are right, maybe I SHOULD just have two Mesa heads.

I mean, look at Leon. Relatively speaking, I'd be somewhat conservative in my array of amps.
It would keep your Mesa-to-Suhr ratio within acceptable levels :yesway:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Dude, if you can just have both. Before a woman enters the picture and eats into the gear fund a bit :lol:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts