Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be interesting for you, a guy in Czech Republic offering modified modules, resp. modifications of your own modules - modeled after amps like Soldano SLO, Diezel (VH4), VHT/Fryette (GP3+Deliverance), Mesa (Mark / DualRec / Lonestar), Engl, Bogner, Framus Cobra, CAE...

Salvationmods.com

clips and videos on the page, sound good imho.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I've always wanted an RM100. I knew there'd be mod's to modules and stuff. Just too easy to ignore!!

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Dude's mods sound beastly. I was totally on board to get an RM50 and loading it with some of his stuff, but I think the price of getting the modules, sending them to get mod and then paying shipping back started getting out of my price range. :(

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
before i bought the Diezel, i was sooooo hooked on the RM100, without ever plaing one - but the concept itself convinced me in advance.

when i then plaed one for the first time, i couldnt find a usefull high gain sound with an of the modules available back then. i must add, it was brandnew then, and there were onl a few modules available, and most of them have meanwhile been revised a few times (Recto module for example), so the propably sound a bit better today.

Oh, and Randy: you know, if you REALLY want to go that route - get back to me, as the Czech baorder is ~40 miles from where i live, you might get away cheaper if i buy the module for you here, let him do the mod, and then send it back to you - so you could at least save one shipping way...

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
One of my old friends has one and he's selling it right now. I remember when he bought it, opened the box, the smell of new.... He got it with the Recto module as well. Got to play it often since his band's practice space was next to mine.

Want. Real. Bad. (but can't afford it :()

·
7 string afficianado
3 Posts
they are great heads. i had to get rid of mine, but loved it.

Gigmods is another guy who mods the modules. i had a modded 1086 he had done that was amazing! and the power section is insane, i was running 6l6, and EL34 pairs and loved it..crushing 6l6 tone with cut and bite of the EL34.

i always wanted to get an Angel(engl bm/e530/savage tone) from salvation, but i got rid of it before he had finalized his design.

i highly recommend these amps, theyre a little rough on the sale point..i sat on mine forever. people give the randall name alot of stigma and dont give the head a chance. so the $1700 fully loaded RM can be had roughly for 7-800. so i highly recommend buying used. also teh RM50 is said to have a more lively power section, but you can mix pairs of power tubes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts