Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2 space drawer for laptop and backup shit like strings and stuff. (the laptop would be purely for backing up presets on the g-system and axe-fx...or playing solitaire, and checking facebook between songs.

This one's got a pedal tray for pedal based shit like a wireless or ISP decimator, because I have no idea how well the axe-fx noise gate works (general consensus is that the g-systme gate is "meh")

Yeah, I've been considering getting an axe-fx. I've got an 8 space rack the furman, tuner (blinky lights) and the g-system. I just wanted to see what the rig would look like all put together.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Heh... for a second, i thought you actually had an Axe-FX and a G-System. I have to say, i'm tempted to keep the G-System to use as a MIDI controller for the Axe-FX when i get it, but it seems like an awfully expensive MIDI controller!

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About the only advantage I could see to keeping the G-System to use as your MIDI controller would be the pedal loops, which would be extremely handy if you plan on keeping a few pedals around.
you can also use the g-system to route any other effects you might have. Or pre-amps if you're a tube die-hard. Kinda like i did with my XXX and routed the loops so that my OD808 was in front of my XXX, and my ISP and MXR EQ were in the FX loop.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
With the Fractal MFC-101 coming soon, i'd probably want to go for a more integrated solution. I can't imagine the programming i'd have to do in order to get the G-System to interface nicely with the Axe-FX.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
The Fractal controller has been "close" to being released for like 2 years now :lol: It's the Duke Nukem of MIDI controllers.

I want one so bad, but I wouldn't hold out for anything. On the plus side, when it DOES get released, there's going to be a LOT of cheap Ground Control Pros and Liquid Foots available.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I wish Fractal would release an effects only version of the AxeFX.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish Fractal would release an effects only version of the AxeFX.
A 1U version of the effects and, and a separate 1U version of the cab sims. Same space, 2 units, more flexibility. A fractal axe fx power amp would be nice. I know they already have powered cabs and wedges, and now a tiny little atomic power amp, but a rackmount version would be baller.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
They've said that they're announcing the MFC-101's "imminent" release at the New York Amp Show in a couple of weeks.

Fractal Audio said:
Come try the Axe-Fx Ultra and Atomic Reactor FR (Feel free to bring your own guitar!) We'll be demo'ing the MFC-101 midi foot controller and making an announcement at the show about its imminent availability. Free T-shirt to the first show guest each day to mention our secret password (announced on FB and Twitter the day of the show).

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts