Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been helping my grandpa convert all of his old slides to digital, and everytime I'm home on a break I check up on his progress and make sure everything is going smoothly. I really liked the quality of a lot of the slides I was seeing he scanned (very national geographic esque) so I figured that you photo buff guys might like to see them. Most of these are western europe after WWII but a couple are of the northeastern US.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude these are fucking awesome!

You should submit 'em to some_kind_of_photo_magazine!
I was really impressed by how well the slides transfered to digital actually. There are something like 3000+ slides exclusively of european architecture :lol:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
This could easily be the cover of a Kerouac novel.

Absolutely amazing, great quality. Like you say, they transferred really well!

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Ha, the bullfighting one and the three men by the sea could be the cover of a Hemingway novel! :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
This is totally awesome stuff. Where is he in this pic?

All I can think of is the Zeppelin in Indiana Jones. :lol:

"Tickets please."

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have no idea. I actually think thats right before he was deployed to europe, so its still in the US somewhere. The picture right before it is a sign that says aqua canyon. So I'm guessing wherever that is :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Holy shit man, these are historical treasures. What is he doing with the slides after he's done transferring them? Please tell me he is giving them to the Library of Congress :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Holy shit man, these are historical treasures. What is he doing with the slides after he's done transferring them? Please tell me he is giving them to the Library of Congress :lol:
Dude should totally make a photo-book out of them, print up a bunch, and offer it up for a few bucks in his pocket. I think it'd sell like crazy, because all of these are absolutely kickass man. Very, very cool.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the plan was to transfer them all onto a DVD slide show and then I can record their narration and combine it with the DVD slideshow. Even at five seconds a slide it will take something like five DVDs already.

I have no idea what is happening with the slides affter the project is done. Glad that some other people found it cool though :yesway:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts