Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Valhalla awaits bitches.

Never trust a cable rowing machine. Those are for pussies. As a kayaker myself. Those are nothing like it (though kayaking is a different technique of paddling).

(The pesky 600 pound Grizzly Bear is still in the area and I miss sunlight.)

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^Yeah, I dig it a lot. I'm a big water guy, so I don't like the fact the cable ones don't have any resistance when you row back to the front, feels unnatural. This ones a lot of fun, and you feel well stretched after doing it.

Makes a shit ton of noise though, need the viking metal going.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I've been on the lookout for one of these for a long time. Awesome workout, and you can really just zone out on them and listen to music or watch movies or something.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Yeah dude, it's the goods, get one. It's easier to zone out than running, because you don't have to pay attention to balance.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
"Rowbiciser" is a great fuckin name because when you say it out loud it sounds kind of like Robociser, which gives me the mental image of Terminators and Cylons and shit broing out at the gym, working on their barbell squat and bench press PRs.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rowbicisor was obviously an unused Judas Priest cover mascot. It didn't make the cut against the Painkiller, Metallion, and Hellion though.

ROWBICSORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

/Halford

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
^Yeah dude, it's the goods, get one. It's easier to zone out than running, because you don't have to pay attention to balance.
I have a weird lower back, so I find running to be too high impact on my lower back and knees. I like how fluid the mechanics of a rowing machine are.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do we have a halford smiley? There are some things that are meant to be read in the Painkiller scream. :halford:

Joey, do you row? Kayaking and rowing sculls are my two favorite exercises.

Kayaking is slightly preffered, especially Whitewater. But Sculls are amazing. These kind of rowing machines are meant to mimic Scull style rowing. If you've ever been on a large body of water in a Scull you know how fucking sick it is. Those things go fast.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Do we have a halford smiley? There are some things that are meant to be read in the Painkiller scream. :halford:

Joey, do you row? Kayaking and rowing sculls are my two favorite exercises.

Kayaking is slightly preffered, especially Whitewater. But Sculls are amazing. These kind of rowing machines are meant to mimic Scull style rowing. If you've ever been on a large body of water in a Scull you know how fucking sick it is. Those things go fast.

I grew up on the beach, so we did sit-on-top kayaking a lot. I've never scull rowed, though my ex rowed on a team and loved it. I just really enjoy the type of exercise the machines give.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sit on tops are the shit. We do it all up here. Inflatables, Whitewater, Sea (14 ft+), etc.

Whitewater is where my heart is. That shit was the most character building stuff in my life. I bust my nose when I was 11 (my aunt was teaching me proper capsizing protocol, precursor to the eskimo roll for younger kayakers) and I bailed so hard underwater that I smashed my face into the boat. :lol:

I had a shot at being a pretty boy before that dude. Nothing like busting your face as a kid to facilitate a little personal growth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts