Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a four year-old son, and we have recently been playing the Disney animated movie "Frozen" in our house quite a bit. As in, pretty much every day. The thing is, the songs are catchy as hell, and now me, my wife, and my son can't stop from just belting out lines from some of the tunes around the house. MAKE IT STOP!

I was in the shower this morning, and I realized I was singing one of the songs...

Related proud dad moment: Last night we were in Sam's Club and we paused in front of the gazillion inch screen tv playing Frozen. My wife was trying to move us along, but I signaled to her to look more closely at my son. The reason he wouldn't leave wasn't because of the film, but because of the two little (but slightly older) girls also watching the tv.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Related proud dad moment: Last night we were in Sam's Club and we paused in front of the gazillion inch screen tv playing Frozen. My wife was trying to move us along, but I signaled to her to look more closely at my son. The reason he wouldn't leave wasn't because of the film, but because of the two little (but slightly older) girls also watching the tv.
:winning:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted

My dad taught me this trick. You ask a woman to put suntan lotion on their back for them, then pull their top off. I think junior is ready to learn.

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wirelessly posted

My dad taught me this trick. You ask a woman to put suntan lotion on their back for them, then pull their top off. I think junior is ready to learn.
If only I wasn't interested in keeping his mother around (or her keeping me around)!

Sometimes we will take walks around our condo complex (it's like a big loop). There is one family with a little cutie about his age towards the opposite end. One day when she was outside, he just bolted away from me as we started towards her, and it took me a minute to figure out that he was running as fast as he could trying to show off for her. I love watching my son do stuff like this.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
You should never feel ashamed for getting Disney music stuck in your head. It's consistently some of the catchiest music out there. :yesway:

The reason he wouldn't leave wasn't because of the film, but because of the two little (but slightly older) girls also watching the tv.
And so begins the rest of his life.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted

That trick carried over into day care camp and summer camp, and you know, I never really got in trouble!

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should never feel ashamed for getting Disney music stuck in your head. It's consistently some of the catchiest music out there. :yesway:

Good Looking Parents Sing Disney's Frozen (Love Is an Open Door) - YouTube

And so begins the rest of his life.
So, I watched that clip in my office with no sound, and unfortunately, I knew almost all the words and could read their lips. What was scary to me is the amount of times the dad had both hands off the wheel and was singing with his eyes closed or entirely looking at his wife, while the landscape rolled by at a decent clip.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
So, I watched that clip in my office with no sound, and unfortunately, I knew almost all the words and could read their lips. What was scary to me is the amount of times the dad had both hands off the wheel and was singing with his eyes closed or entirely looking at his wife, while the landscape rolled by at a decent clip.
If I remember right, they're actually lip-synching, which is even more impressive that you could read it. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
How old is your son? Most males aren't interested in the opposite sex until at least the age of 12. Girls get interested a little earlier than that, but usually not before 10. I'd find it kind of odd if a boy was girl-crazy at the age of 7 or 8.

[action=Naren]has never seen Frozen, but has seen commercials for the soundtrack about a bazillion times and cannot stand that fucking "Let It Go" song.[/action]

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
How old is your son? Most males aren't interested in the opposite sex until at least the age of 12. Girls get interested a little earlier than that, but usually not before 10. I'd find it kind of odd if a boy was girl-crazy at the age of 7 or 8.
Well, my son is four. He loves having the attention of females. I don't find it odd at all. I don't think he understands what the reason is, and we haven't gotten into talking about sex yet, but he is definitely into girls.

My nephew (my son's cousin) is the same way from what I have seen. I remember being at a restaurant with my sister and the little nephew at around one year's old stopping what he was doing and craning his neck and whole body around to "ogle" a young lady as she walked by, with a big-ass grin on his face.

I can tell you that I remember as early as kindergarten or first grade I definitely had several crushes (I still remember the names). It was taboo to acknowledge that, so I acted disinterested, but boy was I gaga over them. I didn't turn into a womanizer or sex-aholic or anything close, so I don't see the harm.

Edit: Now, if he was pulling the old "sun screen yank yer top off" maneuver at four years old I might worry! ...Or be proud... or both!

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Don't worry about what Naren says, he's the perfect age to teach the bikini trick to.

It wasn't really until after college and at work parties that I started getting funny looks.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Wirelessly posted

jaxadam said:
Wirelessly posted

The best ones to ask are the ones who have the front clasp instead of the rear :agreed:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Well, my son is four. He loves having the attention of females. I don't find it odd at all. I don't think he understands what the reason is, and we haven't gotten into talking about sex yet, but he is definitely into girls.

My nephew (my son's cousin) is the same way from what I have seen. I remember being at a restaurant with my sister and the little nephew at around one year's old stopping what he was doing and craning his neck and whole body around to "ogle" a young lady as she walked by, with a big-ass grin on his face.
:lol: I wouldn't call what a one year old does as "ogling" since they literally do that to everyone, regardless of gender. If that's "ogling," then I've been "ogled" by almost every male one-year old I've come across. Are they all going to grow up to be gay? :lol: It's just what they do. They haven't learned manners yet and they tend to stare at people.

I can tell you that I remember as early as kindergarten or first grade I definitely had several crushes (I still remember the names). It was taboo to acknowledge that, so I acted disinterested, but boy was I gaga over them. I didn't turn into a womanizer or sex-aholic or anything close, so I don't see the harm.

Edit: Now, if he was pulling the old "sun screen yank yer top off" maneuver at four years old I might worry! ...Or be proud... or both!
Well, those two things are wildly different. I remember liking some girls in elementary school, but it was very very different from when I had actually hit puberty. I saw girls as different from guys before then, but not nearly as different as I did as a teenager. They were basically just a slight variation on male friends.

I was just saying that if a kid under the age of 10 was fixated on the opposite gender, it would be odd. But that really doesn't seem to be the case here.

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:lol: I wouldn't call what a one year old does as "ogling" since they literally do that to everyone, regardless of gender. If that's "ogling," then I've been "ogled" by almost every male one-year old I've come across. Are they all going to grow up to be gay? :lol: It's just what they do. They haven't learned manners yet and they tend to stare at people.

Well, those two things are wildly different. I remember liking some girls in elementary school, but it was very very different from when I had actually hit puberty. I saw girls as different from guys before then, but not nearly as different as I did as a teenager. They were basically just a slight variation on male friends.

I was just saying that if a kid under the age of 10 was fixated on the opposite gender, it would be odd. But that really doesn't seem to be the case here.
First, it was a very crowded restaurant, and no he wasn't doing that to everyone. It was only the cute girl.

Second, when I liked girls as a kid it wasn't just as "variations on male friends" although I didn't have a clue then as to why that was. I didn't mean to imply by liking one he didn't associate with the other. He plays with other boys too, but his reaction to the females is still distinct. I don't think fixated is the correct description.

Frankly, I don't really care if he turns out to be gay or bi- or whatever, I love him no matter what, but I get a kick out of the fact that he seems to definitely notice the girls- probably because I was such a late bloomer with the ladies (early fondness for them notwithstanding).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts