·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, for those of you who are 80s guitar posers who can only recognize super mainstream stuff like Nightswans, the funky cream colored one above the rack of Kramers is an Aria Pro II Urchin.

Just in case you need to be shamed that somehow Don Mcgahn knows more about obscure 80s guitars (and preventing men not qualified to be president from being impeached by protecting them from their own stupidity) than you.

Some of you clearly have to step up your game.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wall of JCM 800s = Tr00.
Wall of JCM 2000s = Poser city.
Don't act like you aren't impressed by his ultra uncommon Washburn Rudy Sarzo signature bass on the far right.

Besides, he almost has more EBMMs than you.

I'm pretty sure I might have bid against him on ebay on one or two of the guitars. So that's a trip. Knowing that the same fucker who sniped me by $2.50 at the last minute on a crusty old superstrat would later go on to help destroy democracy in America.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let's speculate on which of the guitars was bought with illegally funneled campaign funds and/or in violation of the Hatch Act or other ethical standards.

As well as on whether Don McGahn actually plays his LP Customs in classical position like a bitch.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Uh, I'm pretty sure that is the general consensus.

The 900 kind of has Caddyshack 2 vibes, it's the sequel no one really liked.
That makes the JCM2000 one of those direct to video second sequels.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That makes the JCM2000 one of those direct to video second sequels.
I guess a more accurate comparison would be Star Trek movies.

JCM 800: A memorable classic that involves an incredibly emotional death scene and some iconic ear based horror -> JCM 900: For some reason the story is now about saving whales using time travel -> JCM 2000: Everybody realizes only after the product is released that they shouldn't have let William Shatner direct it

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts

JCM 800: A memorable classic that involves an incredibly emotional death scene and some iconic ear based horror -> JCM 900: For some reason the story is now about saving whales using time travel -> JCM 2000: Everybody realizes only after the product is released that they shouldn't have let William Shatner direct it
JCM 800: A memorable classic
JCM 900: Decent, but nowhere near as good as the original
JCM 2000: A vast improvement on all the previous versions

(Though I suppose I should add that I would never, ever buy a Marshall, despite how often I've used them in the past)

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
I actually prefer the JCM2000 over the JCM800. :shrug: (and I prefer the JCM800 over the JCM900)
Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Yeah they're both like Star Trek movies in that they both SUCK!

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I don't entirely disagree with him. That 2204 that I had was totally unusable. It was a puffy fuzz box literally up until you're at 10, and that's not a "hell yeah, tube amps need to breathe to sound good" dynamic, it's a "98% of the sweep on this amp is useless until it becomes too loud to use anywhere" dynamic. The late 800s and 900s breakup earlier, and the 2000s smoothed it out some. I don't think the boner for early 800s is entirely because they "sound better".

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah they're both like Star Trek movies in that they both SUCK!
The more recent 2203KK Signature Kerry King JCM800 is the Star Trek:Into Darkness in the "JCM800=Wrath of Khan" metaphor.

The remake where they changed a bunch of stuff that no one actually asked for that nevertheless still manages to be better than the one with time travel and whales and the one William Shatner was allowed to direct.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
The more recent 2203KK Signature Kerry King JCM800 is the Star Trek:Into Darkness in the "JCM800=Wrath of Khan" metaphor.

The remake where they changed a bunch of stuff that no one actually asked for that nevertheless still manages to be better than the one with time travel and whales and the one William Shatner was allowed to direct.

I'll take your word for it... Never played through a Marshall I enjoyed. Not to say they don't have potential, since Friedman's Brown Eye kicks arse and we all know that's a hotrod. Guess Marshall is just a case of good egg, bad delivery :shrug:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll take your word for it... Never played through a Marshall I enjoyed. Not to say they don't have potential, since Friedman's Brown Eye kicks arse and we all know that's a hotrod. Guess Marshall is just a case of good egg, bad delivery :shrug:
What?

Trey Azagthoth is like, the worlds most (and possibly only) enthusiastic JCM 900 user dude. I'm surprised to hear you say that. He doesn't use anything else. (Or at least didn't for a long time, don't know how current that info is)

Also, his "micing techniques" are legendary. Especially the fan and the fishbowl, no clue what the fan is for, maybe a tremolo type effect or a phase type thing.

He's legitimately like, the only person out there who thinks the JCM 900 is better than the 800.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Wasn't McGahn the guy who stopped him from firing Mueller, by telling him he refused to do it and if Trump went ahead anyway he'd quit?

Hell of a collection, either way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts