Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official, the Fortin NATAS is now available... pricey at $3799 but if it's like the other Fortins it will sound godly :metal:

FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
● World Mains 100/110/120/220/230/240 VAC 50/60HZ
● 4 - BIAS locking pots and test points
● 5 - 12AX7s, 1 -12AT7, & 4 - Power tubes in any combinations of EL34, 6CA7, KT77, 6L6, 5881, KT66, 6550, KT88, KT90, KT100. Class-AB, 100 to 200+ watts RMS
● Fully regulated DC preamp heaters for an ultra low noise floor
● Marriage of PCB and Point-to-Point assembly
● 5 button Footswitch is included (CH1/LOOP/CH2/LOOP/KILL)

News: Fortin Amplification: Fortin Amplification Releases the NATAS Tube Guitar Amplifier | Harmony Central

·
Read Only
1 Posts
For that price it better come with wheels and I better be able to drive it to work (too pricey for me) :lol:

ive never played (or heard) a Fortin before....

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I was going to say something about MSRP vs street price, but I just clicked the link and that IS the street price :lol: Uhhh....no thanks :lol: If I want a 2 channel amp that's probably a hot rotted Marshall tone judging by his previous amps, I'll snag a Splawn, or 2 at that price. I thought this was supposed to have MIDI and be like 6 channels or some shit? I remember some dude on ss.org had some shit built by him.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is nothing like his other amps, and his other stuff (aside obviously from the modified Marshalls) don't have Marshall tone at all.

The 6 channel amp is the Meathead... this is a different amp designed for metal.

Honestly Fortin's stuff are the only amps that still tempt me :lol:

·
Quickly becoming slower
354 Posts
This is nothing like his other amps, and his other stuff (aside obviously from the modified Marshalls) don't have Marshall tone at all.

The 6 channel amp is the Meathead... this is a different amp designed for metal.

Temptations be damned!!! Spend that money on an awesome sushi knife or something...

·
Registered
4,593 Posts

I need at least 3 channels though. It just seems to me that the price is way out of line with the features. About the only feature I see on it that's cool is the ability to accept any kind of tube...

I've never played a Fortin, so I obviously can't really speak for the tone, but I wouldn't drop almost $4k on any 2 channel amp that didn't have MIDI, or fuck, at least some kind of feature that gave me a perceived value, even 2 channel VHT, and I think we can all agree that I'm quite the VHT fanboy :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I need at least 3 channels though. It just seems to me that the price is way out of line with the features. About the only feature I see on it that's cool is the ability to accept any kind of tube...

I've never played a Fortin, so I obviously can't really speak for the tone, but I wouldn't drop almost $4k on any 2 channel amp that didn't have MIDI, or fuck, at least some kind of feature that gave me a perceived value, even 2 channel VHT, and I think we can all agree that I'm quite the VHT fanboy :lol:
You mean Fryette, fanboy!

:wub:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I'm sure it sounds good, but I could replace my car for that, with the exact same car.

I think I'll keep my mesa, thanks - especially since I can get a 100W 2ch hand-built amp in Canada for $2500USD, made for metal as well.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah. :eek:

Talk about expensive! I could buy Axe-FX Ultra (which is already expensive) plus two of my guitars for that price.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I forgot where I was for a sec... nothing to see here, move along :roll2: :rofl:
Sorry, we aren't Rig-Talk :lol:

That is a lot of dough for an amp though. I like the feature set, but that makes Orange and DAR look cheap!

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Well, I have never played a Fortin but from what I've heard I always compare them to Diezel amps. Not that either are better both are amazing but both are about the same price range. Way out of my range but if I could afford it, I would have a Fortin in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts