Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was digging through some old files on my computer when I found this - I think when I replaced the LoPro with an OFR on my UV someone on Jemsite had asked me to make a vide, so I did two takes. This was the second one, which cut out halfway through when I ran out of space. Still, parts of it were pretty cool so I thought I'd toss it up on Youtube.

I had to mix in part of the backing track (which thankfully I still had) with the video's audio because I only had the video for the lead guitar audio, and the guitar completely squashed the backing audio. :lol:

This was back in '08, and I'd obviously just left work. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, weird, right? I remember the first time I ever went out drinking with my team, back in like '04 or '05. I remember talking with one of the managers (badly hung over, after a LOT of tequila the night before) the next morning, and her joking something like, "I didn't think you had that in you, I mean, you button your shirt collar." :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Everytime I see "PWH", I parse it as "PWN".

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol: I should probably get out of the habit of referring to my Universe as a PWH - this isn't Jemsite, I can't just assume everyone knows wtf I'm talking about, and all the djent kiddies talking about FRFR cabs piss me off, so... Time for a title change. :lol:

·
getting schwifty
1,285 Posts
good B minor improv. i gotta say though,
you're quite a clean cut handsome fellow,
so i can't help but wonder. since your sister is from
the same gene pool, she must be attractive.
is this why she is a popular subject with select
forum members 'round here?

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
good B minor improv. i gotta say though,
you're quite a clean cut handsome fellow,
so i can't help but wonder. since your sister is from
the same gene pool, she must be attractive.
is this why she is a popular subject with select
forum members 'round here?
I'll cut you. :squint:

:lol:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Love the look. I was a National Sales Manager for a corp that made circuit board repair stations (stiff guy job 101) and loved the look on the faces of my collegues when they saw me play..... in a suit. They couldnt see the black T Shirt I guess.

·
getting schwifty
1,285 Posts
I'll cut you. :squint:

:lol:
i suppose there really isn't a 'nice' way
to broach your sister's hotness. :jj:
hell, she might not even exist.
for all i know the phrase 'drew's sister'
could be a reference to some inside joke
that i haven't earned enough rep to partake
in. yet.

but seriously though, your playing's decent.
....and my grandma would totally pay you to
fraudulantly marry her niece(s) and bring
'em into the states. just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Love the look. I was a National Sales Manager for a corp that made circuit board repair stations (stiff guy job 101) and loved the look on the faces of my collegues when they saw me play..... in a suit. They couldnt see the black T Shirt I guess.
Yeah, I'm completely with you, there's just something fun in looking "professional" and then absolutely shocking people with the music you listen to and play.

Larry - thanks, I think. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I played a death metal show in a suit a couple years back on Halloween :lol:
I'm pretty sure we've talked about this before, man, but I've always kind of wanted to start a hard rock.metal band and play shows dressed business casual, walk out in khakis and an oxford shirt, and then administer some pretty fucking heavy riffage. So many bands try so hard to "look metal," I think it'd be funny. :lol:

My best "odd dress code" moment came from playing Vai's "Die to Live" as the processional theme for the groom in a buddy's wedding. It was this SUPER formal affair in Long Island, and I was there in a Brooks Brothers suit playing some Vai on my Strat through a Recto. :lol:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I saw a band open for Dream Theater called "Space People" and it was a heavy Metal Lounge act. The singers wore white Tux's and the guitarists and others sat down like a orchestra and wore black tux's and they where awesome..weird wacky inventive. The guy was blazin through a recto too and they had a electric violinist as well, what a trip. The lounge look pulled it off well I think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.