Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a butchered up RGR1570 coming my way, but its been refined, decently well but not especially. Dude also tried to add RGD bevels but he admits it didnt pan out so well, and i can see it in pics. doesnt look bad, just doesnt add in aesthetics or playability as much as it takes away ditching the RGs clean lines

so, new body is in order, and i was thinking bright colors. It has an evo set in it (green bridge yellow neck :lol:) and i figure i can fr00t with them or toss on some solid chrome covers. I wanna do a solid finish, as the headstock needs refinishing as well, and i dont wanna just do black, but i dont wanna veneer the thing blah blah blah.

So, neon and pearls come to mind

Ideas i have so far

Never mind the defunct binding on this one

Or

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I like the green one, but it doen't take advantage of full fr00t pickups. I think if you do fr00t it, it would be cool to see fr00ty inlays as well.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, but that involves a refret, on a perfectly good prestige neck with nice frets :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
The green one is boring. As hell.

You want a RBM model, I loved the alternating pickup rings.

Make sure you get some nobease knobs in alternate colours as well :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was just gonna do a signle volume plus blade with a killswitch if i do the pink one :lol:

nobease?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
PGM+RBM all the way, except have the faux F-holes routed into the body slightly, like 1/4" or so.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that sounds like werk :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hideous, and sold out :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
possibly. They may need chrome covers though, i dunno if i can handle THAT much froot

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Those knobs look like gumdrops.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Me, I'd take number 3 please, however I think you should build the pink RBM/PGM hybrid :agreed:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Number 3 reminds me of my old apex 2 :lol: I'm not a big fan of the RBM shape either, so definitely go for that! :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Available on eBay, and don't you dare, ever consider yourself a lover things fr00ty if you don't love neo-fluorescent coloured rubber knobs.

Eat a dick, poser.
I LOVE that Ibanez, right up to those awful, awful knobs. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts