Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Of course it is, that's Mark Day. :yesway: I got to play that Les Paul last time I was over there. I was terrified of it. :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Well, if I need to do a soundtrack for a coming of age 80's movie, I guess I know what piece of gear I need!

Guitars do sound good though.

EDIT

I seriously hope this comes in at $1500, because if so, fuck the Helix. I need one amp, and like two effects. I want something nice, for playing at work, since that's like 80% of my play time now.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
yeah, price point is important on this. if it's low enough i'd grab one to keep around for recording, demoing etc. i used like 2% of the axe2 which is why i sold it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Purely wild ass speculation on my part, but I would think they will be somewhere within _/-10% of the FX8 cost. And I'd be more likely to bet +10%.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Well, if I need to do a soundtrack for a coming of age 80's movie, I guess I know what piece of gear I need!
:lol:

I instantly thought of this tune when I watched that video. In fact, that dude should cover it. I'd probably buy an AxeFx if he did. :agreed:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
yeah, price point is important on this. if it's low enough i'd grab one to keep around for recording, demoing etc. i used like 2% of the axe2 which is why i sold it.
That's why I want one. I don't want to ditch my amps, and the regular one is stupidly expensive for what I'd use out of it. And the only other options are the Helix (Line 6, ew) and the Amplifire, which sounded good in every model except the one I generally care most about, the Recto.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
:lol:

I instantly thought of this tune when I watched that video. In fact, that dude should cover it. I'd probably buy an AxeFx if he did. :agreed:

:rofl:

I was thinking either RAD, the gymnast one, or the wrestler one.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Mark Day = God of Tone and Chris you dirty whore I envy that you got to meet him and play his Les Paul. :wub:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
And the only other options are the Helix (Line 6, ew)
What is wrong with the HELIX? Did you get to play one? It didn't sound good? The demos I have heard sounded really good, but I have yet to get any hands on experience with one???:scratch:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
What is wrong with the HELIX? Did you get to play one? It didn't sound good? The demos I have heard sounded really good, but I have yet to get any hands on experience with one???:scratch:
Agreed - I don't see why anyone wouldn't see it as a viable alternative to Kemper or Axe FX based on everything I've seen of it so far. There are a few things that remain to be seen like will updates be free and how often will they be issued etc but from what I've seen/heard it looks solid.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Actually most helix sounds I've heard have been very warm and fuzzy. Good for vintage or John Mayer start type stuff, but it sounded like arse for high gain applications and I wasn't that impressed. Obviously it's all subject to whoever is dialling it in etc etc. And it may sound great once it's out there.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts