Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they are going to actually release it. It's on the website for sale but if you try to buy it, it isn't available. I'm on the wait list for one. They are a bit expensive but it has every feature i personally want out of a foot controller. Once i get my mail saying i can get one, i'll be selling off one of my current midi controllers to pay for it. party.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I'm going to have to stick with a Rocktron Midimate when I buy my Axe-FX, $750 with no expression pedal is just too steep for me right now. The best part is how the tuner and patch names are so clearly integrated, though. The forums at Fractal must be crashing every 12 seconds due to hyper-salivating :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
How much is it?

I'm going to have to stick with a Rocktron Midimate when I buy my Axe-FX, $750 with no expression pedal is just too steep for me right now.
Woah. How the hell are you getting it that cheap? Used from someone who is dying for money and doesn't care about losing what they paid for it?

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
built in expression pedals just take up extra space, i personally don't want expression pedals. never use them, so they would just be sitting there waiting to get broken and take up space.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
built in expression pedals just take up extra space, i personally don't want expression pedals. never use them, so they would just be sitting there waiting to get broken and take up space.
You're probably the extreme minority, though.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I'm pretty sure that was Fractal's reasoning though -- while in the minority, there were many forumites over at their boards that said they didn't want an attached controller pedal, and they said they'd want it left off to keep the MFC-101 as flexible as possible.

I think it would have been nice if they had included some kind of detachable pedal mount, so that if you added a pedal it would be like the Rocktron All-Access Limited -- you can adjust the angle and position of the pedal relative to the board and leave it all attached if you want. Or just take the mount off if you don't plan on using it.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Also, some people prefer the pedals on the left or on the right. That's mighty pricey for a pedalboard, but to me, the integration with the Axe-FX seems worth it. Coming from a BOSS GT-series board, i'm VERY accustomed to having patch names down at my feet. And being a "patch" user vs. a "single units on/off" user, with the song and setlist functionality, i think it makes things a lot more clear and usable for me.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maybe? i'm not sure. I do know that people are very picky about the expression pedals they choose as far as sweep and feel.

The cost of the board is a little high but the integration is worth it in my eyes. when you switch patches the leds light up for the options you have on or off at the time. With my current set up, if i want to turn the gate on my high gain patch off(it's set to on as the default) i have to tap the button twice to first let my pedalboard acknowledge the fact that it is on and then turn it off. Same thing for any effect that is automatically on, on any of my patches. It is a pain in the ass. The tuner at my feet is a nice perk as well. it eliminates many current annoyances that i have with my rig. If i never got one, i'd still be happy with my rig but i would be using the same work arounds that the mfc has fixed.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Chaulk me up as another person who dislikes expression pedals. Infact, I chopped them off of my FCB entirely. :lol:

·
Colourful bastard
403 Posts
I guess it's not far out price wise compared to the Rocktron All Access and the Liquid Foot. Besides, if you're willing to dump the money on an Axe-Fx, I can see how this would be a worthwhile addition. I wouldn't want to use a different midi controller with my XT Pro, for example, because I love how easily integrated everything is.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I guess it's not far out price wise compared to the Rocktron All Access and the Liquid Foot. Besides, if you're willing to dump the money on an Axe-Fx, I can see how this would be a worthwhile addition. I wouldn't want to use a different midi controller with my XT Pro, for example, because I love how easily integrated everything is.
I love the integration, I just kind of wish they had a mini version with half the buttons or something to that effect. Wouldn't require any more engineering, just the cost of having two separate chassis.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I would rather it didn't come with expression pedals. I have my own that I want to use.

I will be buying this as soon as it's available for sale. I e-mailed Fractal almost 2 years ago to get put on the wait list, but didn't receive a reply so I'm assuming I didn't get put on.

Also, $750 isn't that bad considering the Liquid Foot Pro is like $900, doesn't integrate with the Axe and is pretty much the most flexible unit available. The Rocktron All Access is around the same, maybe a little more, and neither of those have expression pedals either.

I would just stick with my Ground Control Pro, but the expression pedal ports are nonprogrammable, and you can't calibrate your pedal on it. Supposedly they're working on a firmware fix to fix that issue, but that's been in the works for awhile. I'm just going to snag me the MFC and it should do everything I want, and I won't need to drop the cash for a Liquid Foot.

Also, I think the price is going to be around $600-650. I think there's going to be a discount code you put in to get $100 off, maybe it's only for wait list people, not sure. I believe they did something similar when the Axe was first released.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Yeah... well you get to add on like 4 if you wish :p
Are they just plug-and-play with the board?

Actually, I'm more likely to just get a couple expression pedals to plug into the two ports on the back of the Axe-FX, since I have virtually no need for a pedalboard switcher in my studio setup.

I can see the logic in having pedals plug into the floorboard rather than be integrated with it.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I love the integration, I just kind of wish they had a mini version with half the buttons or something to that effect. Wouldn't require any more engineering, just the cost of having two separate chassis.
:agreed:

I use patches pretty much exclusively, so having all those pedals for turning effects on and off is just a waste of electronics for me. I'd be good with four or five patch buttons and a pair of bank/song up/down buttons, and maybe a dedicated button for the tuner.

I'd be leaning more toward a Liquid Foot Jr. but i've heard they're buggy, and even at $449 or $499 (with case), the LFJr. isn't all that cheap either.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts