Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Holy crap. I expected bad but...

This kinda upsets me because there were a lot of people there cheering. I knew that the common consumer knew very little about music, but to pay to see somebody do that, and then be satisfied...

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Holy crap. I like how he tuned that violin (viola or cello?) at the very end of the video as if it made a difference.

Usually I see a video so amazing it makes me want to quit guitar, but these were so bad, it makes me want to quit.:(
The Nigel Tufnel one is supposed to be bad...it's from "This is Spinal Tap" which is a mockumentary about an ageing rock band. If you haven't watched it, watch it, it's hilarious! :)

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Dude has never seen Spinal Tap? :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
WATCH SPINAL TAP.

WATCH IT NOW. :squint:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
He's really not missing much :shrug: It's alright but nothing too "holy shit I'll watch this for ever till I die!" like people make it out to be
It gets better with repeated watching.

Also, the more experience I get playing music, the more hilarious certain scenes become. Like getting lost under the stage, or having people request totally out-of-genre songs at a party that your band probably shouldn't be playing in the first place :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Well I guess I am not a self-respecting (or peer-respected) guitarist.:rolleyes:
Seriously, man, being at least passingly familiar with Spinal Tap is sort of mandatory for a rock guitarist. Go rent it. You won't get it at first (drinks help), but over time things will keep happening that remind you of Spinal Tap, and it gets funnier. :D

This local bar used to do Sunday night movies, and a friend of mine randomly popped in for a drink one sunday right as they were putting on Spinal Tap. It was AWESOME, my friend hadn't seen it before, so it was kind of an educational experience for her. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts