Metal Guitarist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
RG1527 Hoarder
228 Posts
Pretty much. I will record the licks and exercises for the app but that's it. I have now sold most of my guitars and will just keep the few I need for the app.
Well man, whatever your reasons, I wish you the best in the next chapter of your life. I've always believed that one should never force themselves to play if they don't want to. It's better to just put the guitar away and not touch it, even if that potentially means "for good." One day that fire may come back, so at least hang onto your favorite axe.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ahh, you're 'that' guy. I messaged you on ss.org (my username there is LeeC) about your 8 string but didn't hear back from you. Did you sell that?
Oh Sorry. I forgot to reply to your message. I had so many messages about me selling my Black Machine that it got to the point where I just stopped looking at PMs. I should also state on here, I am NOT selling my Black Machine.

Currently one of the students has the guitar and is "very likely" to buy it. If he changes his mind, I will let you know.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Already got it!!! Looks sweet! Was hoping it would have your flight if the bumblebee as the alt picking gauntlet, but pretty cool none-the-less!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Wirelessly posted

Already got it!!! Looks sweet! Was hoping it would have your flight if the bumblebee as the alt picking gauntlet, but pretty cool none-the-less!
That is the free app, which will only have a few new exercises etc added each week.

The paid app will eventually have over 1000 exercises as well as lessons on FOTB, stylistic studies etc.

This is still early days, once the paid iOS app is live we will be adding many new exercises and licks each week.

There are still some pretty challenging licks that will be on the app, like this one which seems to be throwing a few guitarists off:

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Randomly clicking any one of them causes same problem. When first opened program only the Levels section had anything in it. After reopening other sections now have exercises too. All have same problem.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Here is one of the practice pieces from my second book

The video looks weird cos the actual recording is a different take than the video due to my phone ringing during recording. Anyway:

·
RG1527 Hoarder
228 Posts
Downloaded the free and Pro apps. Great stuff.

Question: I just ordered the Riff Training bundle from your site, then it occurred to me that they may no longer be available. Are the book/dvd bundles still available for sale?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
You are fine, you got the second to last RTL2 that I actually want to sell. I will email you when I have posted them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Android update is out today:

Features:
- Complete UI overhaul and Holo style makeover
- Removed unnecessary permissions
- Added many more licks and exercises
- Integrated instructional videos for many of the exercises
- Predefined starting tempos for each exercise
- Ability to restore exercise data

Fixes:
- Huge performance improvements across the entire app
- Fixed infinite playback loop when exiting the app on some devices
- Fixed occasional crash when exiting exercise during loading
- Reduce splash screen duration
- Many other minor bug fixes and improvements

From this point on there should be weekly updates with loads of new licks, exercises and backing tracks.

Anyone who has Guitarmageddon Free already, did the app update automatically today?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a dev question, and feel free to point to link if you've answered this already: how did you you build this app? Using Xcode, Flash, or other? I've been experimenting with Flash but I'm curious to know what other options exist. Thanks in advance.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts