1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Mediocre as most slate plugins are.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
My point is that their paid plug-ins are mediocre at best, as is this free plugin.

You make it sound like I have to appreciate it because its free.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My point is that their paid plug-ins are mediocre at best, as is this free plugin.

You make it sound like I have to appreciate it because its free.
ok, cool. I meant that they know its not a plugin thats worth selling.
As far as his other plugins, I had a subscription awhile ago and stopped. I am not a fan of that business model at all. I have been using SSD 5.5 a lot recently and love it!

Sounds better without it.
What do you prefer and/or hear that you like more with it off? I actually think it sounds way more balanced and prominent using the Fresh Air plugin.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
What do you prefer and/or hear that you like more with it off? I actually think it sounds way more balanced and prominent using the Fresh Air plugin.
I agree with Zepp - to me it sounds pretty muffled with the plugin turned on as if the whole mix is focused on the lower mids, while the other sounds more air-y (isn't it ironic, don't you think?). It's probably removing too much of the highs or upper mids on the guitars.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with Zepp - to me it sounds pretty muffled with the plugin turned on as if the whole mix is focused on the lower mids, while the other sounds more air-y (isn't it ironic, don't you think?). It's probably removing too much of the highs or upper mids on the guitars.
I could try using it on a bus instead of the main channels for each. My main focus is to have a balanced mix for vocals to stand out. IMHO I see so many guitar demos that are not suited for vocals at all.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
The original mix is just thick and present enough. The plugin just adds some airy gloss over it that's not necessary at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts