Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me for cross-posting this from SSO but it seemed like an interesting ideological discussion.

Dylan from Daemoness Guitars:

"Going to the abattoir tomorrow morning for the Daemoness goatburst finish. If it's possible I'll get the goats blood to spill directly from the goats throat onto the guitar as the fume of its soul is taken at the edge of the iron merciless. I think there will probably be a technical or protocol related reason why that won't be possible, but I'll get it onto the guitar the same hour. I'll get goats blood on ice as well for future builds bro's - I got you."

Reprehensible? Awesome? Gimmick?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alternate question:

Is the 'metal-ness' of the guitar increased or decreased by the fact it was painted on the back of a moped?

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
Alternate question:

Is the 'metal-ness' of the guitar increased or decreased by the fact it was painted on the back of a moped?
:lol:

Depends. Does your metal need to be "I don't give a single fuck" metal, or "I don't give a fuck as longs as the right people think it's cool." metal?

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
I think it fits well with the general Daemoness philosophy because Dylan strives to create not only the highest quality, but also the most badass, extreme, Metal guitars in the world and I think he succeeds with that. I'm not sure how well goat blood will age in terms of colour but it's more of an artistic idea from what I see and it goes perfectly with Daemoness ideas.

EDIT:
:lol:
Depends. Does your metal need to be "I don't give a single fuck" metal, or "I don't give a fuck as longs as the right people think it's cool." metal?
It's easy to think that when someone does something radical, but trust me, Dylan does his ideas largely for himself. He doesn't give a shit about anyone else's opinion as long as he's confident in his own, which he usually is.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
It's an interesting idea - I personally don't have any moral or ethical problems with the goat blood thing.

Owning one would present a practical issue for me, though. I don't want to have to kill my dogs when they sneak into my office and chew on the fucker.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I dont see the "metal" value of it at all, if anything it shows an inherant weakness within the person holding it which is the opposite of metal to me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dylan Humphries constantly tries to add artistic aspects to luthiery while maintaining credibility and a mind of his own (not to forget the epic battle paintings he does in his offtime), he's the Anti-Kiesel.

Is it gross and highly controversial? Probably, but with the same high standards as Andres Serrano's "Blood and Semen" (a.k.a. the only memorable aspect of Metallica's "Load")

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
... Does your metal need to be "I don't give a single fuck" metal, or "I don't give a fuck as longs as the right people think it's cool." metal?
It's easy to think that when someone does something radical, but trust me, Dylan does his ideas largely for himself. He doesn't give a shit about anyone else's opinion as long as he's confident in his own, which he usually is.
That's what I'm getting at. If you're truly in the first group, then who cares what his vehicle is, what he's wearing, etc., but when you get people arguing about T-Shirt etiquette when attending shows, you realize how many folks that think they're in the first group, but really are in the second.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
If the goat was going to be slaughtered anyway, I don't have an issue with it. I won't buy it, but I don't have an issue with it.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
That's what I'm getting at. If you're truly in the first group, then who cares what his vehicle is, what he's wearing, etc., but when you get people arguing about T-Shirt etiquette when attending shows, you realize how many folks that think they're in the first group, but really are in the second.
Right on!
His inlay work is awesome, but cruelty to animals is never metal.
It's not his own cruelty since he just went to an abbatoir to get it. It's not like a goat was tortured for the sake of the paint job. They're getting killed there anyway.

Also, the client for this guitar has chops:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
The only blood that's metal is human blood. Sacrifice a human, save a goat :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Cruelty to animals ethical questions aside, I would worry about how that would age - I'd think it would brown and discolor as it dried...?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts