Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What am I doing wrong here, lads?

Setup: iMac 27, Bose companion 5's, freshly purchased copy of EZDrummer.

In Reaper, Preferences > Audio > Audio device, both are set to 48k, and the system audio device and Reaper's Audio Device are both set to Bose USB Audio.

I go into Reaper, insert virtual instrument on new track, and Reaper builds up the track for EZD and I get the drumkit UI. It loads everything, and if I click the mouse I see the drum heads darkening, but I get no sound out at all. :scratch:

There's also a pretty big (1-2 second) delay between me clicking the drum head and the head darkening, so I'm thinking something's F'd there too.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
But seriously, I have no idea :)

Call the jerks up at EZDrummer, and test out their tech support!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, if I just drag any old groove into Reaper on a track, I see the levels bouncing and what not (albeit only on the right channel, which I assume is a different matter altogether).

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
(albeit only on the right channel, which I assume is a different matter altogether).
Is there a stereo/mono mix happening somewhere? That could kill the sound, I think.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
can you get any sound at all? say if you plugged in your guitar? looks like you don't have your sends set up correctly.

i gave up on reaper and have moved back to cubase as i'm more comfortable in cubase and everything seems to work as soon as i install it without having to fuck around all the damn time.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, trying the Presonus. I have monitors hanging off of it, and system sounds play out of it just fine. It's set for the default input/output device system-wide, and Reaper is set to use it as well.

Still no sound. :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I randomly import an MP3 file, sound works fine. :yesway:

So it seems that it's just the VST that's the problem. :scratch:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No. :lol:

I don't think the MIDI is set to route to the master out. But I've no idea where to set that up. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
No. :lol:

I don't think the MIDI is set to route to the master out. But I've no idea where to set that up. :lol:
it would be better to route the midi to an audio channel so you can add plugins to it if need and then the channel would be a bus for the drum track, then you can add guitars and bass to it without having the drums as a static volume to the entire mix. kakow.

i track real drums, so i can't help you hahaha

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A-ha!

Found a YT video where a dude says that EZD and Reaper64 don't play well together. Installed the 32-bit version of Reaper and all is well. :woohoo:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:yesway:

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
A-ha!

Found a YT video where a dude says that EZD and Reaper64 don't play well together. Installed the 32-bit version of Reaper and all is well. :woohoo:
do you know if the 32 bit version of reaper will use more than 3 or 4 gigs of ram? or is it just the 64 bit os that needs to worry about that?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
do you know if the 32 bit version of reaper will use more than 3 or 4 gigs of ram? or is it just the 64 bit os that needs to worry about that?
On Windows I imagine it's just 3.25GB of RAM for the 32-bit. However on OS X RAM, even in 32-bit mode, runs a little differently, in that each app can get 4GB of RAM. So 4GB can be for the OS, 4GB for Reaper, etc.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Chris, if you are using the the 64 bit Reaper Beta, delete it and get the 32 bit version. I had the same problem.

Edit: oops, you already found out :lol:

·
Madcap Funster
28 Posts
I don`t use reaper, I`m a Pro Tools PC man myself, but I do know that without an M-aUDIO/dIGIDESIGN etc near to zero latency internal or external soundcard that you are always gonna have problems. This advice may be irrelevant altogether but just thought that I`d mention it just in case . . . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts