Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's actually good, but an apple is a poor substitute when I really want a Dairy Queen Blizzard.

:noplease:

I'm trying to eat better, so sometimes I don't allow myself the treats I want. I will cave in to the next craving though. :agreed:

[action=Ken]wonders what they'd put in a Dairy Queen Blizzard of Ozz. :lol:[/action]

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I'm on a fairly strict diet but I still allow myself some indulgences. I can still go to Chipotle and eat pizza occasionally if I eat well the rest of the time.

You might want to look into eating stuff like sorbet that's way lower in fat than ice cram but still might be able to satisfy your want for it.

Ken said:
* Ken wonders what they'd put in a Dairy Queen Blizzard of Ozz.
They'd have to make it from Dairy of a Madman.

Reactions: 1 and Ken

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Okay, it's actually good, but an apple is a poor substitute when I really want a Dairy Queen Blizzard.
Two words: Blueberry Cheesequake! It's the best of both worlds! :D

Seriously, i know what you mean. Trying to live and eat more healthy is hard when you have cravings for that kinda stuff.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
They'd have to make it from Dairy of a Madman.
Well played, sir! If i could give you rep, i would.

I think a Blizzard of Ozz would have to have some dark chocolate syrup, lumps of cherry-like goo, and a shot of Jack Daniel's.

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well played, sir! If i could give you rep, i would.

I think a Blizzard of Ozz would have to have some dark chocolate syrup, lumps of cherry-like goo, and a shot of Jack Daniel's.
rep administered. :flex2:

So, my wife just got home and she brought me a Slurpee. :wub:

I love marriage. She knew NOTHING about my craving and took care of me anyway. I'm a lucky man.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
I had a Mango today, and it was absolutely delicious.

I have to second the sorbet idea. I bought a pint of raspberry and it lasted me about a week of picking at it. So good.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Definitely a bad plan. If you must have ice cream, try to get frozen custard :) it's filling and satisfying with a smaller serving.
Calorically speaking fats are twice as much as proteins or carbs/sugars BUT it wont spike insunlin levels like simple sugars.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Calorically speaking fats are twice as much as proteins or carbs/sugars BUT it wont spike insunlin levels like simple sugars.
Precisely. And since Newton's laws of thermodynamics apply, we know that calories in |= calories out, so keep the fat storage mechanism sleeping.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Precisely. And since Newton's laws of thermodynamics apply, we know that calories in |= calories out, so keep the fat storage mechanism sleeping.
I find my body deals with fats better than carbs :shrug: I can eat more fats and not gain for whatever reason. Even tho there twice as high in calories :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I find my body deals with fats better than carbs :shrug: I can eat more fats and not gain for whatever reason. Even tho there twice as high in calories :lol:
Yerp. I eat 300 calories of heavy cream every morning in my coffee. Awesome breakfast, about the same calories as a couple of pieces of toast with jam and OJ, but filling.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Hell, I prefer fruit to most "sweets." I grew up eating a lot of fresh fruit and only rarely ice cream and whatnot, and as I've gotten older my tastes have definitely veered towards the savory side and away from the sweet, so I'd take a really good, crisp apple any day of the week over a Blizzard. I blame my parents. :lol:

That said... Maybe try a few different fruits. If apples aren't doing it for you, there are still "sweeter" fruits out there that might. A perfectly ripe peach is a thing of phenominal beauty (bonus points - try them quartered and tossed on the grill with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt as sort of a compromise), and I love mangoes.

Also, real yogurt frozen is surprisingly good. Try plain yogurt, frozen, with fruit - the tartness offsets the sweetness of the fruit amazingly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts