Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much Internet speculation I can confirm.....these do absoutely nothing to change your tone despite the heady claims on their website. I'm not too annoyed about it, I was fairly sure it wouldn't work but thought I'd take a punt anyway just in case there was some magical revelation. I'll probably shift it over to my Charvel as the routes in the Horizon are not quite deep enough and it does at least hold the pickup really firmly, which is nice.

Attachments

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can achieve the same thing with the baseplate of a pickup too, either pull one apart or order a Chinese one on
Ebay for about £2. They normally have holes drilled in the bottom you can use to attach to the bottom of the route, if the pickup mounting holes are the same size then the pockup will lock at that height, if not then you can use thick plastic tubing as a spacer.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
You can achieve the same thing with the baseplate of a pickup too, either pull one apart or order a Chinese one on
Ebay for about £2. They normally have holes drilled in the bottom you can use to attach to the bottom of the route, if the pickup mounting holes are the same size then the pockup will lock at that height, if not then you can use thick plastic tubing as a spacer.
That's genius! Wish I had thought of that. I was going to get some threaded inserts and drill out the existing screw holes in the bottom of the cavity. Either that or do something fancy with some ferrule-like inserts that are fixed in from the back of the body.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's genius! Wish I had thought of that. I was going to get some threaded inserts and drill out the existing screw holes in the bottom of the cavity. Either that or do something fancy with some ferrule-like inserts that are fixed in from the back of the body.
Here's the one that's currently in my Charvel before I have a change around.

Edit... just saw it was the pickup mount. I would think thats just a stable way to mount a pickup, cant see how it being brass would be a benefit.
Didn't see your original post, but I feel like we're cavity bros

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.