Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Stop playing the solo with Adrian. Now. Right fucking now. Stop. Seriously. You're fucking it up. We hate you. Die. :noway:

Reactions: 1

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, right? They didn't keep Blaze around when Bruce came back.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yup, that was bad. I would love it if he just harmonized a few of the runs, but it seemed as if he was just trying to compete, not play with that solo.

That was just bad.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The guy doesn't even know how to do the "foot on the monitor" stance correctly. If i were Steve Harris, i would have given him a swift P-Bass headstock to the face and told Adrian to get his ass over there.

I have to say, though, i liked Janick's tone better on that solo, but Adrian was buried in the mix.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Yup, that was bad. I would love it if he just harmonized a few of the runs, but it seemed as if he was just trying to compete, not play with that solo.

That was just bad.
This x1000000.

I'm sorry. But I've always thought he looked ridiculous up there with his aerobics-instructor moves and poses. It never seemed to me that he's much of a team player from a performance perspective. He just seems to be in his own little world on stage left, while Dave and Adrian are doing their own thing on the other side.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
[action=darren]wonders if the band ever has this conversation when he's not in the room...[/action]

"Why does he keep showing up? Doesn't he know he's not in the band any more?"

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
I think his official band status is "#1 Drinking Buddy." :lol:

He sounded fine at Merriweather Pavilion in 2008. Apart from his performance issues, introducing a third guitar into Maiden seems problematic to me, since it's that much tougher to get everybody in sync and can make things a little 'thick'. I noticed some issues with that even at the fine performance at Merriweather.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
"Why does he keep showing up? Doesn't he know he's not in the band any more?"
:lol:

"Janick, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you backstage. We have a new Eddie robot coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your gear and move it back there, that would be terrific, OK?"

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Yeah, if you could go ahead and move your rig as far back against the wall as you can, since we need to put some more road cases in here. Thanks, that would be great."

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
"Yeah there are some cockroaches running around.. So if you could uh.. Take care of them that would be great.. Yeah"

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
"We're worried about the circuit breakers going, could you unplug your stuff and just stay behind the curtain there?"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts