Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that my Logitech MX Revolution has randomly died. This sucks. I'm using my Apple Mighty Mouse :(

Oh well...I have delicious cupcakes to devour made by me lady. :sharpie:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
I fear my MX is on the way out too :(

Also, my mom made cupcakes. Cherry and coconut :) They're the shit :D

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Well, at least you have the cupcakes. They would probably go really good with some Food Lion 2% Lactose Free milk. I think that's the best milk I've ever drank. Seriously cupcake worthy.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm mourning it's passing with a Blue and Gray Classic Lager and some Oliva cigar I got earlier this week. :yesway:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't exactly have these pictures handy :lol: I'm on the netbook.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So....what should I replace the Logitech mouse with if it does not recover somehow.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pictures of the woman, t
he 'cakes, the drink and the smokes. NAO.
Okay, two pictures of the lady in the midst of playing Fable 2.

And....cupcake, a nearly empty bottle of Blue and Gray Classic Lager, and an unopened cigar of the type I just smoked.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW that is a 22oz. bottle :lol:

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
I've noticed MX's have a life of about a year if you use the shit out of them, daily, as I do. The keyboards tend to last a tad longer than the mice, however.

Still the best mouse on the market, and I would replace them monthly if I had to. Nothing comes even close for me.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I absolutely love that mouse. It just sucks that I have to replace it since money is at a premium. :wallbash:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I've noticed MX's have a life of about a year if you use the shit out of them, daily, as I do. The keyboards tend to last a tad longer than the mice, however.

Still the best mouse on the market, and I would replace them monthly if I had to. Nothing comes even close for me.
:( mine is going on 2 years (I use it at work) I agree tho there is no better mouse

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Man I'm not liking this thread. My MX hasn't given me any trouble at all so far and it get's pretty heavy use. I think I'm going on about 2 years now. :ugh:

The MX is WAY to pricey a mouse to be dying every year or two. Likewise with the keyboard. Mine is the Bluetooth set. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Hope yours comes back mate.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
Just to give you a baseline for abuse level - I'm on my MX sets roughtly 12-16 hours a day, 6 days a week. I am in SQL, Access, Excel, and RDC the entire time - which means precision gridline/row/column/cell clicking all day/night long. I dont expect my use level to be anywhere near normal, and if it eases your mind, I can kill a mouse by any other manufacturer in almost the same amount of time. My keyboards lose that soft "new key" feel in less than a month after replacing them.

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
My MX doesn't charge very easily anymore and sometimes when I click it double or triple clicks or won't click at all. I've fixed it a couple of times, but it's an ass pain to take apart.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I've been using mine at work for going on three years, and it is still tip top. All of the satin grip coating on the right side of it has worn away, as well as all the printed symbols/lettering, and the four "feet" on the bottom are half worn down, but the thing is still going strong. I can leave it off the charger for three days without it dying on me. I have been with my current employer since October '08, and there is a roughly 6" diameter circle on my desk that is worn smooth and featureless. I don't even have one complaint about it, not one little problem. If it died tomorrow, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Like Lee said, it is absolutely the best mouse on the market.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, it looks like my mouse has begun to recover. The charge was somehow WAY low, and I charge it often. It's on the cradle now...so we shall see.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It seems to have recovered. The battery was so drained that the mouse wouldn't even show a low battery light, and it wouldn't even show the charing lights when on the cradle. Eventually it perked up and it's been working fine this afternoon.

I have no idea how the battery got that low.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts