Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was recorded at our show last week, but it took about a week for the guys who filmed it to edit, mix, and complete it.

Some of you may remember this song as the "Opeth-esque" one I mentioned: Convergence. Be sure to set it to 1080p. ;)

Edit:

I noticed that the YouTube mini-window doesn't let you select the quality. You'll have to go straight to YouTube to watch it in super high quality, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opeth-esque.

Badass! Your voice is so damn evil.
:D Thanks, man. I remember several years ago when someone criticized my aggressive vocals by saying that I sounded like a "demon" and I said "That's exactly what I'm trying to sound like! A demon! My ideal aggressive vocals are like a demon from The Exorcist or something." That person just shook her head in disgust, though. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absolutely one of the best aggressive growl/screams I've heard :yesway: And your clean singing's great too.
Thanks, man. That means a lot to me. :wub:

The song's definitely got some Opeth to it. Pretty sweet :yesway:
Me and the drummer are huge Opeth fans, so it should come as no surprise. :lol:

Nyarlath said:
Fucking sweet dude! Needs oboe though :)
There are some songs we've got that I think oboes, violins, piano, keyboards, and so on would sound really sweet with, but I was telling some of the other guys in the band, "But I don't want them in every song, so it'd be kinda like telling a keyboard player 'Hey, man. Don't play anything for this song. Just sit there and look cool.'" :lol: Depending on the song, they could make the song richer. For others, they could diminish whatever effect we're going for.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
:yesway:
The entire time I'm know OF you I never heard any of your music :lol: Awesome man This is what I wish I could sound like...:noplease:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:yesway:
The entire time I'm know OF you I never heard any of your music :lol: Awesome man This is what I wish I could sound like...:noplease:
Thanks, man. That's a seriously awesome comment. :yesway:

I have posted threads of my music before where the thread slowly crawled down the page and off to another page without a single comment and with maybe a total of 10-20 views. :lol: Kinda discouraging sometimes.

·
18,790 Posts

I have posted threads of my music before where the thread slowly crawled down the page and off to another page without a single comment and with maybe a total of 10-20 views. :lol: Kinda discouraging sometimes.
Everyone knows if you put "HD" in the name somewhere it'll be instantly more popular!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
There are some songs we've got that I think oboes, violins, piano, keyboards, and so on would sound really sweet with, but I was telling some of the other guys in the band, "But I don't want them in every song, so it'd be kinda like telling a keyboard player 'Hey, man. Don't play anything for this song. Just sit there and look cool.'" :lol: Depending on the song, they could make the song richer. For others, they could diminish whatever effect we're going for.
I do agree. MAGMA and Univers Zero happen to live in my head :)

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
I hear a lil Chuck in the voice too. I listened 3 mins in and dont really care for the song BUT

the cool thing I noticed is how effortless you look playing and in your screaming. Normally you see guys tense up and when they scream. :lol:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts

:yesway: yeah I have seen some of those, Maybe not yours but other peoples just crawl down the page :lol:

But yeah man it sounds awesome. :metal:

Also the other guitar is a Japanese guy or is he a white dude? I can't really tell. and on offense to the guy :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts