Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, granted, I'm sure I could just play through a circuit to make sure everything is working fine, but damnit, I'm a nerd, and I need a function generator and an oscilloscope.

Can these be had for <$100 prices?

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
you can build signal injectors on the dirt-cheap.

As for scopes, I don't know. My Scope is a tube-powered ordeal from the 60s that was my dad's.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
There's lots of cheap stuff, but you'll have to scour eBay to see if you can get the prices you want. You can pick up equipment that likely cost thousands of dollars new for a sliver of the original price, but you have to make sure you're getting something more or less tested and functional.

What are you looking to do, other than measure things?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuck. I hate eBay :lol:

Just measure'n, make'n doomsday devices and whatnot :wavey:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Leon, believe it or not, I have an O-scope. But I never got it to work (bought on auction from a college). You're more than welcome to it. I'll never use it lol

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
If Roger doesn't work out remind me to ask my dad around spring break. We've had one lying around our basement forever :lol:

Planning on generating some sine waves? :metal:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leon, believe it or not, I have an O-scope. But I never got it to work (bought on auction from a college). You're more than welcome to it. I'll never use it lol
Is it broken, or just futzy?

Thanks Garrett, will do :yesway:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
I have no idea :lol: It powers up, but I couldn't ever figure out how to get it to read anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts