Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a little behind BIAS in terms of quality, but there's still some very good tones to be had, especially if it's free.
I would never use the Ampkit as a serious amp sub, just for something to screw around on my phone with headphones if I am some place where I cant have an amp.

I havent tried the Bias yet, I have been thinking about it to possibly replace my Axe-fxII, I love the Axe but hardly ever use it and just need something to noodle around on and I am going to start laying down some tracks to pass back and forth but not doing serious recording with it.

So how does the Bias compare to the Axe?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I would never use the Ampkit as a serious amp sub, just for something to screw around on my phone with headphones if I am some place where I cant have an amp.

I havent tried the Bias yet, I have been thinking about it to possibly replace my Axe-fxII, I love the Axe but hardly ever use it and just need something to noodle around on and I am going to start laying down some tracks to pass back and forth but not doing serious recording with it.

So how does the Bias compare to the Axe?
I'm not answering that, I don't want the AxeFX Police to show up. :rofl:

EDIT

What I'll say is this: is it as good as an AxeFX? Maybe, maybe not. I think some of that is down to subjectivity. I've played an AxeFX II Mark Something or other quite a bit now, and I've got both the iOS and Mac versions of BIAS (including the Pro version with Amp Match). I think the Axe is fine, especially if that's your rig. But if you've got a bunch of amps you really like, and want modeling for headphones playing/recording, BIAS is great. I think it's silly to have a $2200 just for that, but to each their own.

I am working on Amp Matching my Mark V:25, and it's pretty damn amazing, especially since I can take that patch and toss it on my iPad to jam on at work.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Yesh looking over it, what is the main difference between Bias FX and Bias amp?
BIAS Amp does the component level stuff; change tubes, transformers, etc. but no effects. FX has effects, a bunch of amps, but none of the major tweaking outside of BMT gain, etc. BIAS Pro on the desktop adds the Amp Match.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I'm not answering that, I don't want the AxeFX Police to show up. :rofl:

EDIT

What I'll say is this: is it as good as an AxeFX? Maybe, maybe not. I think some of that is down to subjectivity. I've played an AxeFX II Mark Something or other quite a bit now, and I've got both the iOS and Mac versions of BIAS (including the Pro version with Amp Match). I think the Axe is fine, especially if that's your rig. But if you've got a bunch of amps you really like, and want modeling for headphones playing/recording, BIAS is great. I think it's silly to have a $2200 just for that, but to each their own.

I am working on Amp Matching my Mark V:25, and it's pretty damn amazing, especially since I can take that patch and toss it on my iPad to jam on at work.

thats awesome.... the mark tones are 100% all i need out of a modeller/sim setup. id love an axe, but not just for that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.